Monopoly Calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

Limflex

Had my first Monopoly bull calf yesterday. Cow is a roan,moderate framed,real correct  Double Vision X Witch Dr. Calf  weighed 100#, jet  black with a little white spot on sheath,wide hipped,big boned,super shaggy! Only problem is he seems to be REALLY  straight on the front end. We'll give him some time and see how things go. Hope to get some pics up tomorrow.

BadgerFan

Most don't get better, but I had an old ChiMaine cow by Onyx and her calf would be really straight every year when it was born even out of Angus herd bulls.  As time went on they always got better and by two months you couldn't notice.  Maybe you'll luck out.

Limflex

Here are a few pics,not real good ones ,but here they are.

Attachments

• IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG
    858 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    930.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 198

OH Breeder

We had one this spring that was so straight he bucked over at the knee. It took a couple of months but its the strangest thing, he is normal looking now and you would never know. My only concern will be when he is a fat will it creat issues. I have seen alot worse on your little guy. He looks pretty rugged.

TMJ Show Cattle

If he stays bad legged, it's more than likely coming from the Double Vision side. Monopoly like alot of others, is taking a bad rap for issues that comes from the cow side of the calves.

Earthmover

don't fret too much he's only a couple days old, at 30 or 100 days he'll look so different. Give him his shots and ear tagg him and just let nature take her course.

stkrdge

give him some time his tendons will strech and he will probably be fine. We have seen that on several babies and 95% of them do get better.

Limflex

Thats good to hear some encouraging news. The cow has never has had a calf with structure problems, so wasn't too worried,but you newer know. Have a heifer out of her and KRVN Pitstop (one of bros Limi herd bulls) thats really nice. Probally using Total Solution on her this fall. Thanks for positive comments.