Monopoly Daughters

Help Support Steer Planet:

DLB

What are you folks breeding your Monopoly daughters to?  I have a Monopoly X Char....she lost her 1st calf and is due in a few weeks with her 2nd calf-bred to I-80.  I am hesitant to take her back to anything that traces to HW cause I am worried of BWs.  Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

DLB

Forgot that bit of information.  She is TH clean. 

Gargan

I would look at Torrington if you are looking for a thc bull. He is low bw and his first calves are looking nice!! Also consider Dr who. He works well on monopoly and char influenced cattle. U may really like that i80 calf too. I've saw a few real nice jpj x monopolies as well. Jmo. Keep us posted on her i80 calf

Bradenh

Go bojo- got some ali in there, no heatwave, goes back to some good blood. That's sure a Direction I would go

flyintale

I used Breathe Easy on my Monopoly heifer.  I'm thinking of breeding her back to Excel 80. I-80 x pb shorthorn bull owned by the Doub and Lane families of IN.  70# bw on the bull.

Gargan

Bojo would be a good option also but his dam was a HW cow. I think he would work for u though!!

Bradenh

She was alias x heat seeker back to Ali

Making him a heat seeker, great grandson- you'd be super happy with that calf

Heck I'm all excited already

Gargan

Show stopper 95 said:
She was alias x heat seeker back to Ali

Making him a heat seeker, great grandson- you'd be super happy with that calf

Heck I'm all excited already
Ur correct on the maternal side of bojo. My mistake. <beer>

jalebe

I used HAB on here's Pericles bull on all my heifers this year including my Monopoly. We'll see in the spring how it worked.

OH Breeder

I don't know how big frame wise your female is, but Proud Jazz works well on Heat Wave genetics too.

Telos

I think Ready to Rumble might be an interesting mating. I really like the pedigree on that bull.

rackranch

I only have one and she is about to calve to Mr. Driven.  She is a moderate stout made cow so I'm thinking of Yellow Jacket or Mr Firewater on her.  I have a friend who has some bred to YJ and they are about to calve.  If it clicks, that will help me make my decision.  I want something that will throw a good bull or give me back a heifer with a good maternal side to her. G-Luck

Tallcool1

rackranch said:
I only have one and she is about to calve to Mr. Driven.  She is a moderate stout made cow so I'm thinking of Yellow Jacket or Mr Firewater on her.  I have a friend who has some bred to YJ and they are about to calve.  If it clicks, that will help me make my decision.  I want something that will throw a good bull or give me back a heifer with a good maternal side to her. G-Luck

I agree...Yellow Jacket is something I would take a serious look at. 

DLB

Thank you folks for the ideas!  I thought of Bojo...but hadn't thought of Yellow Jacket.  I had a "short" list that included Lifeline, Troubadour (if I can locate it), Chopper, Red Rider (new Griswold bull) and Bojo.  What are your thoughts on that short list?