Monopoly Money Reports

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattleman70

Some of are really good friends raised him, and probably have some calves out of him. Haven't heard anything but kind of excited to see what he throws.

irh

Just had a nice bull calve out of a Who Da Man cow.  Hope to get a picture up soon. 

pweaver

Have two Monopoly Money bull calves in the last few days.  IMO they're bigger than Monopoly's.  We don't weigh our calves but both of these are the biggest we've had in the last few years out of a 12 cow herd.  We've had Monopoly, Heat wave 1, Boardwalk, Immortal, Heat wave, Headliner, and these are the biggest.  They're nice calves, good bone, thick front to rear, taller than most clubby calves, a little brown tinge in their color.  The mothers are a Kadabra/Foreplay and a Hannibal/HerefordCross.  The Hannibal just calved and had to be pulled.  Not a hard pull but she never would have done it on her own.  The Kadabra 3 days ago had one leg back, and side-ways.  Had to pull the head around to get it through and then he came out, but had to jack him the whole way, even the hind quarters.  I'll probably use him again based on what I see now, but the cow has to be able to handle it.

Limiman12

pweaver said:
Have two Monopoly Money bull calves in the last few days.  IMO they're bigger than Monopoly's.  We don't weigh our calves but both of these are the biggest we've had in the last few years out of a 12 cow herd.  We've had Monopoly, Heat wave 1, Boardwalk, Immortal, Heat wave, Headliner, and these are the biggest.  They're nice calves, good bone, thick front to rear, taller than most clubby calves, a little brown tinge in their color.  The mothers are a Kadabra/Foreplay and a Hannibal/HerefordCross.  The Hannibal just calved and had to be pulled.  Not a hard pull but she never would have done it on her own.  The Kadabra 3 days ago had one leg back, and side-ways.  Had to pull the head around to get it through and then he came out, but had to jack him the whole way, even the hind quarters.  I'll probably use him again based on what I see now, but the cow has to be able to handle it.

And see that story would make me not want to use him again!   

kfacres

Limiman12 said:
pweaver said:

And see that story would make me not want to use him again!   

Now, I know I made a post- that should have been ahead of yours regarding the following comment:

Breed all of them to him, make those cows work, keep the daughters, breed with the sons...

pweaver

When your breeding clubby, you're going to have birthing difficulties.  Don't like it, but it comes with the territory.  An abnormal presentation hapens.  It's not the bull or the cows fault.  It can happen with a 50 lb. calf.  i'll try not to let the pull today happen again with this cow because now I know what she can handle.  I did say try.  You never know and that's why we observe all of our cows every 3 - 4 hours, night and day.

kfacres

pweaver said:
When your breeding clubby, you're going to have birthing difficulties.  Don't like it, but it comes with the territory.  An abnormal presentation hapens.  It's not the bull or the cows fault.  It can happen with a 50 lb. calf.  i'll try not to let the pull today happen again with this cow because now I know what she can handle.  I did say try.  You never know and that's why we observe all of our cows every 3 - 4 hours, night and day.

hardest, most tiring, longest pull I've ever been a part of- was a 43 lb heifer calf-- that wore out two people and took over 3 hours of constant working...

CJM

We raised Monopoly Money and just started calving had 3 so far all were 90-95lbs not bad for Heat Wave genetics back in there.  Calves are super hairy and big bonned only a couple days old hard to tell much more.  We have had 2 full brothers to MM so far one is a black with white markings and is super cool looks just like MM did as a baby but with added crome The other a 80 lb hair ball.  Should start having more calves in 2 weeks.  Cow is really solid, daughters should be a premium not through aways, put them in your keeper pen.

PVCattle

We bred our two donor cows to him. The heifer out of our 439 Foreplay donor was 85 pounds.  Our 358 Hostage donor had a 95 pound bull calf. Both are stout, hairy and jet fronted. Liking the way that they are coming along!

cattlejunky5

Thanks for all of the comments. The cows we bred him to were all older larger cows, so they should be fine passing a bigger calf. Any pictures of the calves would be GREAT!

savaged

This MM bull calf was born this morning out of a P.B. Dream On Simmental.  He is a beautiful color, and a pretty nice 50% simmy.    Came big though - I did not weigh him but he is every bit of 95 - 100 pounds.

Attachments

• Monopoly Money resized.jpg
    Monopoly Money resized.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 434

AL Show Cattle

We normally stick with proven bulls but last spring we decided to use Monopoly Money. I am very pleased with my Monopoly Money calf out a Hannibal X Hostage cow. In the pic below he is 24 hours old. He weighed about 80 pounds. We will be using more of MM this spring. I will post more pics as this calf develops.

Attachments

• photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 963

john91

Do you guys like your Monopoly Money calves better than the Monopolys at this point?

oldwood

I wouldn't say I like ours any better, It seems to be square ,hairy , good bone and sound, he did come a little larger than most of the monopoly's i have had and  little more  leg than the monopoly's usually come so this could be a plus. have to wait and see.

SmokesRule

We've had 3 so far, with at least 1 more coming mid month. The oldest was our first calf, a solid red bull out of a red with white socks Wazn't Me cow. He just sold yesterday at under a month old. The other 2 came sunday night, a bull and a heifer. The heifer is also pretty rockin good. So far they have all come 75-80lbs and a few days to a week early. Very happy with him so far, in fact bought some more semen. He clicks on our cows. Stout, thick, sound, and cool fronted.
Beau Brumbaugh