Monopoly or Eye Candy?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blue25

Okay, so I have Angus/Red Angus crosses and I am goimg to breed Clubby this year and It came down between these two bulls. And for those of you who have used both of them, which one calves easier and which one do u like better?

savaged

For those cows I would use Eye Candy.  IMO he will add more bone, mass, and hair to an Angus cross.

wyatt

monopoly has to much angus already to breed more into the mix you wouldnt be happy with the steers imo... so my vote goes to eye candy he will add thickness and bone

worthabit

We have calved 12 eye candy's out of angus cross cows and never touched one. He adds plenty of bone and hair. Here is a heifer out of a red angus/simmy cow.

Attachments

• DSC00518.JPG
    DSC00518.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 228

savaged

worthabit said:
We have calved 12 eye candy's out of angus cross cows and never touched one. He adds plenty of bone and hair. Here is a heifer out of a red angus/simmy cow.

I have had a couple of huge calves out of Eye Candy from composite cows.  The last one last week weighed 140 lbs.  Has anyone else had calf size issues with Eye Candy from composite cows?

HF CHARS

Have not had any problems with calving eye candy,,but IMO they are allot harder feeding than monopoly. Depends on how well your customers feed.  The 4-H kids that buy most of our steers have a hard time getting eye candy steers fat enough

twistedhshowstock

I think both bulls are good bulls and have earned their spots of merrit, I will agree with above posts and say that I think Monopoly may throw a tad to heavily Angus influenced calf, unless you are trying to market them where they can class them Angus, then that combination may work very well.  Eye Candy definately throws them stylish and heavy and very marketable.  I will agree with the Eye Candy's being a little harder feeding than Monopolies but I think that is in part due to the fact that I have found the Monopolys to be extremely easy feeding calves.  As far as calving I dont think there is a whole lot of difference in them, both are composites so are gonna be alittle bigger, but if calving was a concern I would probably go Eye Candy.  We all know that the Monopolies can be monsters at birth, and in my opinion their shape often makes them harder calving as well.

dn91

I have an eye candy x angus heifer and she is very easy feeding, our monopolies are easy feeding too but not like my eye candy. This is the only eye candy I have had experience with so I can't say too much but we plan on breeding some second calvers to him since I don't think They could handle monopoly for there second calf.