Monopoly vrs Monopoly clone

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gargan

Freddy said:
wHAT KIND OF SEMEN DO I HAVE IF monopoly  3  DIDN'T FREEZE ......The calves sure are not anything special, should I test it ....
Yes, someone needs to answer your question and be held accountable.

knabe

Semen that is collected typically goes through a feeze thaw test.

I would order monopopy 2 again and ask what their procedure is if they send the wrong bull or how there verify correct shipment.

Perhaps monopoly 3 isnt the same as the original after all or perhaps its some other factor, ie injury.

ctroidl

knabe said:
define exactly.  i would use the word similar.
Clones contain identical DNA, as a result the gametes that the clone and the original produce will acquire their DNA from exactly the same somatic cell DNA.  So both the clone and the original should produce the same.

knabe

But the donor cell has different imprinting, ie methylation, so they wont be identical, just similar.  I still cant believe theres a need for more than 3-4 clubby bulls and dont really see a need for all the others.

ctroidl

Knabe can you expand on imprinting ie methylation. My understanding has always been that the donor egg has no effect on the offspring since it's nucleus is removed prior to insertion of the DNA from the original organism.

Barry Farms

Carlson Cattle said:
i know about the monopolys ive been studying them a long time

Perhaps if you were to study grammar or spelling then you could be taken seriously. 6 mistakes in the sentence above and you have Auto-Correct.

GoWyo

Barry Farms said:
Carlson Cattle said:
i know about the monopolys ive been studying them a long time

Perhaps if you were to study grammar or spelling then you could be taken seriously. 6 mistakes in the sentence above and you have Auto-Correct.

You should spell out "six" when using it at the beginning of the sentence.

obie105

Freddy said:
When I ordered it I ordered Monopoly 2 ,after receiving it noticed they had sent me Monopoly 3 ,called and got no satisfaction ...Still have some ....

I had a friend that told me that there was a mix up with the monopoly 2 semen a year or two ago. He had to send his back and get different if the canes had a certain code on it. He showed me the two different canes and one said monopoly 2 with a code and the other also said monopoly 2 with a different code. Might want to check into it.

hntwhitetail

It looks like Monopoly and Mono 2 and Mono 4 have DNA on file w/ Chicattle.  Would there be anyway to look @ all 3 samples how they compare and put to rest the difference w/ clones and the originals.  I have used Clone semen on the same cows in the past that I have used original and did not notice a difference, maybe that was just one case.

ghostrider

Different cane codes for the same bull just means the semen was collected at different studs.  Some bulls get collected at the same stud every time.  Once in a great while you might get lucky and the same code is available at the second stud that he was given at the first.  Most of the time a bull gets a new code every time he's collected at a new stud.  It's not a conspiracy.