MONOPOLY

Help Support Steer Planet:

TMJ Show Cattle

A friend of mine from Oklahoma told my nephew not to buy Monopoly semen as [in his words]It ain't no good. Now this fella has only criticized one other bull in the last 10 years,and that was when I watched him throw away some Mossy Oak semen. Two semen distributor's have told me in the past week that they have no Monopoly semen,didn't know when it might be available,and said it would have to be purchased Lautner direct. I called Lautner's and was told they have some for the market. Was wondering if anyone else is having problems with it? THANKS

BIGTEX

I bred one female to him and I am having to re-breed her again this week. I don't know if it was poor quality semen. I bought it last year. i still have some in the tank and will try again this Nov.-Dec.

Kenny

Hey John How are you doing? Had the same problem call Lautner said it was back ordered, what about using Headliner? thanks

Chap

I had a conversation with Matt a couple months ago on Monopoly semen.  Distributors were not getting any due to the fact that Lautner can sell all they have direct.  ONly makes economic sense.  Sell it for $20 -$25 directly and pocket all of it or send it thru the distributors and get $12-15 to take home.  Although conception for me was not stellar last year. I did get some cows settled with it and will be using the bull again this year.  Call Matt Lautner and ask if  you have concerns. 

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I got some  from Lautner just recently , an they are flushing a cow as we speak , my technican usually catches semen if not up to par an will send it back cause he did a couple times when I had some Cigar semen from ALTA A Few years ago .  I will give you the flush results later, an ask Phil what he thought of the semen. If it works well will have eggs for sale .

clifflem

Monopoly was at REI in Stillwater last week when we went by there to look at bulls.  Also several other Lautner bulls.

CAB

Freddy, f you wouldn't mind, please elaborate about "Milkman wasn't looking good", I have some Milkman in the tank. Are you saying that the quality of Milkman semen may be questionable or that you didn't really want to use Milkman to flush to? Thanks, Brent

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The Milkman flush turned out great , had 12 eggs , some were lower quality , but my techinican thought the cow might have low grade infection a little . Talked to technican an he said he looked at the Monopoly semen an thought it looked OK , as most of you know sometime these flushes don't work an this was the cow's first time to be flushed , hope we do better  on Friday an this cow has been flushed before . Sometimes us smaller operators get pretty excited trying to raise better ones. Jamie

jrg

I talked to Matt Lautner just yesterday about Monopoly semen.  The amount he has in his tank was already spoken for and he was delivering, but as previously mentioned, Monopoly is at REI being collected.  I was just looking for a few straws for a flush, so after hearing Freddy's experience I might search for a different HW son.  This cow we are flushing only produced one egg her first attempt, so I don't need to challenge her any more with poor semen.  On the issue of semen quality, I've never had any problems with the Heat Wave or Jimmy the Greek I bought from Matt. 

CJB

Freddy said:
Some body want to buy some cheap Monopoly semen, an maybe some Milkman, cow had 17 unfertilized eggs to Monopoly an we have another cow on Friday. Milkman wasn;t looking to good but will know later .  First time I've bought semen from Lautner an purchased ten of each of these bulls. Had to buy the Milkman to get the Monopoly.

Were the 17 unfertilized eggs all of the eggs?  Our angus cow flushed 53 or 54 eggs on her first flush, but only 26 were viable.  That was with one straw of 734 semen.  Later flushes out of her haven't been as prolific, but she's still averaging 16-17 viable eggs.

jrg

We had a young cow that produced 35 eggs her first flush and fertilized half of them.  It just comes with flushing, its hard to say what it was until you get a flush history on the cow.

jbw

I was 5 for 5 on my Monopoly semen, no complaints here. 

Sly

No problems with flush last fall. Like 7 for7 or so.  Got some more from Matt couple of weeks ago.  Hopefully,  it is good!

TMJ Show Cattle

Well,that was a pretty good response from all of you...Thanks. I know there is problems all the time with semen,and the only way to find out is ask others.I know Matt and think he is a fine young man.However it's not always best to ask the Bull about concerns,but to ask others who may or may not have experienced problems.That is what I done...I appreciate the suggestions on other HW bulls to use.There are several that seem to work pretty good....JOHN

Jill

jrg said:
I talked to Matt Lautner just yesterday about Monopoly semen.  The amount he has in his tank was already spoken for and he was delivering, but as previously mentioned, Monopoly is at REI being collected.  I was just looking for a few straws for a flush, so after hearing Freddy's experience I might search for a different HW son.  This cow we are flushing only produced one egg her first attempt, so I don't need to challenge her any more with poor semen.  On the issue of semen quality, I've never had any problems with the Heat Wave or Jimmy the Greek I bought from Matt.   

According to Freddy the tech checked the semen and it was fine, why would you look for another bull?

ROMAX

Tried to order semen today from Gencor an affiliate of Semex and was told i couldn't get MONOPOLY because they were havingproblems with him producing,thats what i was told.