MONOPOLY

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

REI has great, clean facilities and wasd real strict with us last fall on a bull we sent up there to  be collected.  Call them and ask.  If they tell you its good, I bet it is.

VJ

I saw Monopoly at Hawkeye back in March. The bull looked like he wasn't much more than a long yearling. Wonder why they moved him to OK to collect him?

BCCC

VJ said:
I saw Monopoly at Hawkeye back in March. The bull looked like he wasn't much more than a long yearling. Wonder why they moved him to OK to collect him?
I was told Lautner has quite a few of his bulls at REI now (incluing monopoly, heatwave and clones), hawkeye just wasnt getting it done, bulls were in bad shape and shootin blanks. Monopoly is now producing good semen at REI.

TMJ Show Cattle

The reason they moved the bulls to Stillwater is fact: They take a hell of a lot of pride in what they do. Caring for the bull is priority 1. "Hutch"[mgr.] is a great person and is straight up about everything they do,with the customer. A lot of big name bulls over the years spent most of their life there. The bulls have large areas to roam,always good supply of hay and fresh water etc. Always enjoyable to go there to look at bulls. People are friendly and helpful.R.E.I. was 'home to Northern Improvement, Habenero,Warhorse,Double Vision,Grizz,just to name a few.Countless others have passed to and from there over the years.and from all the bull owner barn talk,they get results,without wearing out the bull.

chambero

I remember seeing photos someone put up of bulls at the Hawkeye facility and was surprised at the visible conditions.  REI is first class.  Also, they have OSU vet school close by that helps out when needed.

Sly

I agree with everyone about REI.  They are honest people and good with cattle. Most of lautners bulls were coming of leases in Texas and then to REI to fatten up and to get caught up collecting. 

jrg

Jill said:
jrg said:
I talked to Matt Lautner just yesterday about Monopoly semen.  The amount he has in his tank was already spoken for and he was delivering, but as previously mentioned, Monopoly is at REI being collected.  I was just looking for a few straws for a flush, so after hearing Freddy's experience I might search for a different HW son.  This cow we are flushing only produced one egg her first attempt, so I don't need to challenge her any more with poor semen.  On the issue of semen quality, I've never had any problems with the Heat Wave or Jimmy the Greek I bought from Matt.   

According to Freddy the tech checked the semen and it was fine, why would you look for another bull?

I will use another bull if I can't get Monopoly semen from Matt or a reputable distributor.  I guess I wasn't too clear on that above.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I might need to clarify something, my technican said that it looked good for what equipment he had to test it, but he said there has been semen that he didn't think that would work an it did an he uses what knowledge to test it he has , but he isn't in the business to check semen , but  trys not to use something real noticeable . Checking that semen at the labs they use some very expensive equipment an technical equipment  . They are also finding new reasons that semen doesn't work  with these instruments .

Wiley

I saw some of the bulls right after they got to rei and it looks to me that since they have been there they have already gained about a hundred pounds or more each

Dusty

Freddy said:
The Milkman flush turned out great , had 12 eggs , some were lower quality , but my techinican thought the cow might have low grade infection a little . Talked to technican an he said he looked at the Monopoly semen an thought it looked OK , as most of you know sometime these flushes don't work an this was the cow's first time to be flushed , hope we do better  on Friday an this cow has been flushed before . Sometimes us smaller operators get pretty excited trying to raise better ones. Jamie

Let us know how the flush today goes Jamie.

RSC

Dusty said:
Freddy said:
The Milkman flush turned out great , had 12 eggs , some were lower quality , but my techinican thought the cow might have low grade infection a little . Talked to technican an he said he looked at the Monopoly semen an thought it looked OK , as most of you know sometime these flushes don't work an this was the cow's first time to be flushed , hope we do better  on Friday an this cow has been flushed before . Sometimes us smaller operators get pretty excited trying to raise better ones. Jamie

Let us know how the flush today goes Jamie.
Jamie called about 5 minutes ago to let me know how his Monopoly Flush went today!  He was going to be gone till later this evening and asked me to post the results on this thread!  He ended up with 12 embryos.  So the Monoploly semen is good to go!  He was excited that it worked out well!

He flushed a PB Char, a daughter of Wyoming wind and a Full sister to Freds Husker!  Below is her picture and a daughter of hers by Robin Hood!  Should be a neat mating to check out next year!

Tony

Attachments

• Huskers Sister.png
    Huskers Sister.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 583
  • Robin Hood Heifer.png
    Robin Hood Heifer.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 584