More calf pictures!-UPDATE - video link added

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

Some more pictures of our calf crop! 

#1 is a heifer out of a Playray/Angus cow and out of our herd bull who is a Meyer 734 son out of an Anchor cow
#2 is the same heifer in my earlier post who was out of Goldmine, this is a much better picture!
#3 is the first bull calf that we haven't cut in years.  He is 3/4 Angus (cow out of Emblazon) and 1/4 Simmental, out of our herd bull.  HE IS FOR SALE!!  We have kept too many half sisters to keep him!
#4 same bull calf

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 1,073

Cowgurl101

Good calves! I really like the bull calf - he would make a nice calf to show as well as make somebody a heck of a herd bull. ;D

TJ

I like that type of cattle. 

inthebarnagain

He is a March 14th calf.  His sire is Meyer 734/OCC Dixie Erica 963H.  His dam is a Maximus/Angus OCC Emblazon cow that goes back to the blackbird line.

Bawndoh

I think cutting that bull calf would have been a bad idea.  There should be more bulls like him in the country, instead of the tight gutted, weak hearted, poor footed many that there are still running around.  Great job on all the cattle.  Did I mention that I love the bull calf?  <party>

inthebarnagain

Bawndoh said:
I think cutting that bull calf would have been a bad idea.  There should be more bulls like him in the country, instead of the tight gutted, weak hearted, poor footed many that there are still running around.  Great job on all the cattle.  Did I mention that I love the bull calf?  <party>

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful compliments.  You guys have made our day.  We have a tendency to be too hard on our cattle when we get to judging them and it is great to have a forum like this where you can get neutral opinions. 

About cutting him, he if the first calf in 5 years that we have intentionally left a bull.  As stated before, we are way picky about our calves and if we don't think they will be good bulls, they get cut.  We can't keep him because out of our herd of 37 cows (and growing), 20 of the 2 year olds, yearlings and this year heifers are his half sisters!  We had to sell the herd sire last year for the same reason.  He stayed close though, we are getting him back in a couple of years when we have more cows.

cowz

NIce calves!  Grreeennn grass too!  Nice!

Stihlpro

To bad I live nearly 2000 miles away.  I love that bull.

Turkey Creek Ranch

I really like that #2 heifer! That bull calf looks like a really nice one. We havn't kept bulls for a long time. We just sort off the ones we use for 4-H steers, and keep off replacement heifers.

Great calf crop!

garybob

Good masculinity, without dwarfism. Hate those toad-frogs that don't grow. Moderate doesn't mean MIDGET.

Y'uns have produced a sire, not just a cow-freshener.

GB

inthebarnagain

FINALLY!!!!!  I mastered uploading a video to Youtube.  This is just a little part.  The bigger one is still loading. 

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzssmtRzIR0  Click on other videos, the bigger and better one is loaded!