more fertilizer prices

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

I have been reading all the posts about fertilizer prices and was amazed at how expensive they seemed to be compared to the prices here. I asked my fert. salesman yesterday why this would be and he said that since DAP is made in Florida and we are so far away (East coast of Canada) that it was all purchased and shipped last fall before the prices spiked. He suggested that places closer to the source basically purchase as needed. That is what we do here with potash. Does this seem reasonable? What do you think? Some of you may use liquid fert., is that more expensive than the granular? Here are some prices here for this spring, remember these are also metric tonnes (2200 lbs.)

8-20-20              $507/tonne delivered to farm
15-15-15            $ 484
17-17-17            $ 525

the salesman also said expect these to just about double for next year!

rtnok

In north central OK, 82-0-0  $650 prepay. Applied in the fall for wheat. DAP and MAP $1100/US ton. 46-0-0 $575. liquid 28-0-0 $385. 10-34-0 $750 if you can find any most of the suppliers are waiting on there acid cars of phos. but don't know when they will be in or how much it will cost. roni

blue

Up here in Saskatchewan fertilizer prices are just through the roof.  Phos. right now is 1055-1400 dollars a tone.  Nitrogen is around 700 dollars for 46-0-0.  Liquid is about 1.5 cents more a pound then granular.

bernyesha21

Actually, I'm not familiar with the exact price of the fertilizer price. But sometimes the price is vary maybe because of some reason. However, thank you for that information.

fed_champions

They can't get much higher in TX, theyre about to break us farmers as it is. U can't get by without it, but wtf are we supposed to do when it costs more than we can afford.