More Titan calves from Elbee

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Elbee said these are out of Titan, who is a 3/4 brother to Leader.
Show Heifer, maybe these can help you in your search for a bull!

Red

Attachments

• titan.jpg
    titan.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 408
  • titan2.jpg
    titan2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 395
  • titan3.jpg
    titan3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 380
  • titan4.jpg
    titan4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 384
  • titan5.jpg
    titan5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 373

ELBEE

Thank you so much Red, at this time we don't have any semen available on Titan. Wymore is phynotypically the same, only difference is, he's roan. Wymore should produce for you'all the same as Titan, and for that matter as good as Gizmo.

red

What are BW's on Wymore? Also since Show Hef was asking about bulls earlier- is he polled?

Red

DL

ELBEE - very nice babies - who is the mother in the 2nd to last picture? dl

ELBEE

Wymore is homozigus polled, and I beleive Titan will be also. At last report from Pollmans, Wymore births were 100% unasissted, and had a very close weight range from mid 80's to mid 90's. Please keep in mind Pollmans have mostly large frame Simmy crosses.

DL, I'll get back to you on the maternal deal. This group of calves is from Bigham and Sons herd.

genes

Nice. I like #3.    And good timing on that rear view....makes a super cute shot.

OH Breeder

ELBEE said:
Wymore is homozigus polled, and I beleive Titan will be also. At last report from Pollmans, Wymore births were 100% unasissted, and had a very close weight range from mid 80's to mid 90's. Please keep in mind Pollmans have mostly large frame Simmy crosses.

DL, I'll get back to you on the maternal deal. This group of calves is from Bigham and Sons herd.
Great calves! Outstanding! What are the other side of genetics on these babies? Titan on the top who's on the bottom. The third calf looks reallythick.

Show Heifer

So do I understand that Wymore is polled, unassisted calving, AND TH/PHA free???? Not to mention comes from a honest breeder? (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)
Where do I inquire about semen??????  :)
Thanks!!

ELBEE

Wymore's PHA status is still unknown. But he has no Maine in his background, so if he comes up with it,it'll be an anomaly.

Semex USA is the distributor, if you can't get hold of them let me know, and I'll have them get hold of you.

As far as the calf pictures, the dam of the bull calf is a Gizmo daughter who's dam goes back to STR Mr. Princeton 52W *MA23085.

sjcattleco

This bull is a full brother to Titan... He was a nice bull.. we sold alot of daughters from this bull.. We kept a few... Mainly kept Improver 3rd line females at the time.. Used a real nice son of his and out of Samantha which is American Muscle's Granddam as well!

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 297

garybob

How did Custom Made adapt to Fescue Endophyte? It is our main forage base here, in this region, but, really try to use Bermuda Grass in the summer months.

sjcattleco

The bulls from Elbee have done very well here... I think we had one bout of pink eye and one bout with sore feet and I think it was custom made... and that is out of 5 bulls.. over 7 -8 yrs... So really problem free...

When I am getting a bull  from Lee I go out get it as a weaned calf... bring it home feed it a little bit of feed... I will get a calf up to  about 15# of feed a day as fast as I can and then I just leave him there so he is getting 15#  of feed at 600 as well as 1200#  But then I make sure that he gets plenty of crappy fescue hay!!  Load him up with all the endophyte I can so he gets used to it..and its better to do that in the winter than the summer.... I also feed very high levels of selinium, copper, and iodine in my mineral plus I feed Tasco and CTC mineral in the summer and that also helps with enodophyte problems..

I think the mineral program is the secret to the whole deal.  If we can keep the glandular functions working they shed out they stay cooler their feet do not hurt so they stay mobile so they eat, gain wt and breed cows... As a rule my bulls whether they are from Lee or raised right here loose more weight in the last 1/3 of winter than they ever do during breeding season....Plus we don't feed them either they are on stock piled fescue the entire winter and then eat new growth when it starts to come... 3 mature bulls ate 2400# of hay total for the winter 2 round bales!

garybob

One thing I'd like to add, is that a Bull should be muscular, in order to be Masculine, however, especially at Maturity, by 2 years of age, needs to be heavier up front than the rear. It's just natural.
Second, a Bull's hair should be COARSE, not soft and silky. My BIG gripe with clubby cattle.