Mossy Oak answer for Frostback

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Frostback- I'm not sure where I saw it at, but you asked if Mossy Oak had any red cavles? Since he has Cunia (twice) in his bloodline ( on dam side) I could see that being a good possibility. I've never seen a red calf out of him, but he's not homozygous black so always a chance.
Hope that helped? Did you have a red calf from him?

Red

frostback

Well we had a cow ultrasounded last fall that the vet said took to the AI date which would have been Mossy Oak. Then she went 14 days over and had a 100lb RED calf. Now our clean up bull could also be a red carrier but has been having 80lb calves early. We did have a bigger one 4 days late, so I just dont know what to think. Now if Mossy turned out to be homo black that would simpilfy the answere but we cant be that lucky can we. This cow had a Mossy calf last year 114lbs 5 days late and they do look alike, but then the calf kinda looks like some of the cleanup bulls calves. It just so frustrating. Thanks for any more input. Frostback

red

don't you just hate when that happens! since he isn't homozygous good chance. DNA might be the only way to know for sure in theis case.
Good luck!

Red