Moto Moto Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

Moto Moto's first calf crop is hitting the ground.  They all look very good.  So far they are averaging in the low to mid 70's.  They are out of 1st  or 2nd calf Galloway heifers.

Attachments

• Moto Moto 2014 NWSS LC sm comp.jpg
    Moto Moto 2014 NWSS LC sm comp.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 428
  • 204-1 bull calf rear.jpg
    204-1 bull calf rear.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,443
  • 204 bull calf.jpg
    204 bull calf.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 1204 Heifer calf.jpg
    1204 Heifer calf.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 252

HAB

a couple more

72 lb heifer calf and 75 lb bull calf.

Attachments

• 1204-1.jpg
    1204-1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 4714 bull calf.jpg
    4714 bull calf.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 263

shortyjock89

That bull is seriously cool. Glad I got to see him walking in the yards this year.  Too bad we didn't have time to stop and chat, hopefully next year!

HAB

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
That bull is seriously cool. Glad I got to see him walking in the yards this year.  Too bad we didn't have time to stop and chat, hopefully next year!

Thanks.  I appreciate your comments.  By all means stop and visit.
Here is a current shot of Moto from the front.

His calves BW average is 72.4 lbs.  Low was 64 (first calf heifer 1 week early) up to 77 lbs.  All have been out of 1st, 2nd, or 3rd calvers.  All full blood Galloway.

Attachments

• moto 031614.jpg
    moto 031614.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 255

Barry Farms

Which distributorships is he available through? Would buy 5+ straws of him if he was at cattle visions although I know that doesnt amount to much for you  (lol).

HAB

Barry Farms said:
Which distributorships is he available through? Would buy 5+ straws of him if he was at cattle visions although I know that doesnt amount to much for you  (lol).

Moto's sire Pericles is available through Cattle Visions.  Both Pericles and Moto Moto are available through Genex Added Attractions.  Your local Genex rep can get it to you.  Thanks

mark tenenbaum

I like moto-especially the video where hes bouncing around the pen at Denver-You might consider ALSO putting him and the video on Genetic Horizens SEK-they get alot of hits-and at this point have the most complete site of anyone- I for one-have never had alot of luck even keeping track of what Genex has available:with all the holier than thou vote for Nixon (LOL) added attractions-and Im talikng about alot of breeds-looked like the SOS to me-Youve got a breed with alot of oldskool coolness-and being 'exotic' might get tried more that you think on a site like SEK: PEOPLE will see your bulls as much as ANY-and the combination records of who viewded what keeps bringing various bulls back on the side panes with thier pictures-which is high tech for a bunch of Missouri farm boys,and keeps you coming back:and looking. In comparison-Genex has barely discovered indoor plumbing when it comes to even the most basic marketing :so if you are trying to reach people with the imagination to look at something different-you should look there TOO-great people,best shipper prices,no minimums.JMO O0

HAB

Thanks Mark, I will contact SEK.

Here is a picture of one of our 2014 calves.  HB Bi-Design 2404.  He is a full blood Galloway, pictured at one month old.

He is the result of a Pericles son, Pericles daughter (first calf heifer) mating.

He is huge boned, wide topped, big hipped, deep bodied and comes from a long line of great females.

Attachments

• 2404.jpg
    2404.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 224

Barry Farms

I have been wondering, what do you do with your Pericles females and your upcoming Moto Moto heifers? What will you breed them too? I feel like I would love to have your cows because of their excellent type and versatility (show or commercial) but I would hate having to give up all my great bull prospects in favor of an outcross bull to breed my cows with.

HAB

Barry Farms said:
I have been wondering, what do you do with your Pericles females and your upcoming Moto Moto heifers? What will you breed them too? I feel like I would love to have your cows because of their excellent type and versatility (show or commercial) but I would hate having to give up all my great bull prospects in favor of an outcross bull to breed my cows with.

Thanks, appreciate the comments.

We purchased an April 2013 Galloway bull calf that we have high hopes for.  He was Res. Champion behind Moto Moto at the NILE.  We bought him when he was 1 1/2 months old, because he was a stud then and continues to impress those that see him.  We will be using him on many Pericles daughters, and Moto's mother and sisters.  We will also breed Moto back to some Pericles daughters.

HAB

Bobby Wellner called today.  He bred his Eye Candy daughters to Moto Moto.  Calves are being born unassisted, big footed, big boned,  big ribbed,  big bellied, big hipped, big muscled, HAIRY, and have the Moto stance...  All this from a TH and PHA free maternal bull.  Moto's heifers will make great replacements.  Haven't touched a calf.