MSM withdrawal??

Help Support Steer Planet:

Wildmustang777

Hi!! I am going to feed a steer MSM and was wondering what the withdrawal time is?? Also what is the correct dose for a 1,150 lb steer? Thanks  ;D

vc

MSM Methylsulfonylmethane, just curios do you know of someone who had good results using it, something you want to try?

Wildmustang777

I only know about it because of a friend who fed it to her horses... She says she sees results in her horses!!

On the bucket it says "not for use in animals intended for meat" so I didn't know if their was a withdrawal.... 

ai er

Wildmustang777 said:
I only know about it because of a friend who fed it to her horses... She says she sees results in her horses!!

On the bucket it says "not for use in animals intended for meat" so I didn't know if their was a withdrawal....

^^What part of the above do you not understand?

GoWyo

No withdrawal period.  Do not feed it to meat animals -- at all -- period.

CRS

Get with your vet and see about getting him some additional Selenium, a lot of times its a vitamin deficiency or you vet may prescribe banamine or dex on a specific treatment schedule. 

Lobatomy

Maybe I'm way out there but I think popping them pasterns is more of a grow and nervous problem. When I get calves that hit their growth spirt they tend to pop and when we go to them first shows they will do it to. I honestly believe good foot care and time get them over it. I will say we use Stirwalts joint supplement and I never have trouble after about 45 days. Don't over treat it just let them do their thing and they will come out of it. Popping pastures isn't a structural problem like everybody wants us to believe. Now if you have hook issues that's a different thing. Try Kirks supliment and let him be a cow in a big pen with lots of room to go.

Wildmustang777

Yeah.... I thought maybe it was just a deficiency and He would grow out of it.. He keeps placing lower and lower in class bc of it  :-\

He has plenty of room to run around in and gets walked around for 10 mins a.m. and p.m.!! He's actually getting his feet trimmed today  :)

Thank you all so much for the responses!!  ;D <beer>