Muscatine Iowa Sales

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Heifer

Hey stickman, what is the sale "outside of Muscatine" are you refering to?  I am only aware of one.

tmcarto

the See & Believe Sale is Nov. 26 outside of Muscatine and the divas and donors sale is Nov. 27

TMBCATTLE

Hey stickman, just wondering what bad situation you are talking about with the see and believe sale .I have been to every one and bought cattle there never had a problem. So if its a mess why dont you give us readers an example of the " mess of a sale"

forcheyhawk

Can you PM me with the problems too?  I would like to know as I've seen a few that I like in the catalog.

ai er

Isn't it odd that the people posting these negatives about this sale, just signed up for SP this month?

ruhtram

This sale is a consignment sale..You can't blame everyone that is selling calves here. IMO

No need for a pm here.  Give me specific examples. Start with which firm the cattle were purchased from, lot numbers of problem lots,and the name of the new owner.  I've been a part of that sale since the beginning and every year on this board someone is trashing it with very vague comments.  Or instead of posting it on here, have some guts and call me (309) 337-0662
Scott Campbell

ruhtram

So your saying that all the problem cattle came from Danner? I find it hard to believe.

dwyercattle

Just to help fill in the gaps left by the vague emails I thought it might be nice to link to the sale in question and let everyone decide for themselves if the sale is on the up and up or not, http://www.seenbelieve.com . As you look through the bred heifers be sure to note how they are bred, mostly to Lut, Bismark, The Ringer, not exactly hard calving sires. I was the sale manager for last year's sale and I did not receive a phone call from anyone who matches the story being described in this thread. I did receive a phone call from a buyer who's purchase did not calve to the due date, and an adjustment was made on the sale price for this purchase.

I would suggest that if the earlier posting is true that this person please contact me or Danner's in order to receive an adjustment. We are fully aware that problems will occur, that is just a fact of dealing with live animals. But we do ask that if you have problems please contact us and we will make it right with you. 

PS All of the sale videos will be posted online Saturday! Be sure to check them out!

Dwyer Cattle Services
Nick Dwyer
309-337-6404

blackcows

In addition to showing cattle we also show horses and therefore I spend some time on a forum for those that show horses, here their policy:

A. In an effort to allow truths and factual information regarding the horse industry to actually be learned as important, useful information ... FACTUAL, firsthand information signed by the author with first AND last name will not be deleted and I will be released of all Liability. Each author will take full responsibility for what he/she has written. I will not be threatened with lawsuits because of anything someone else has posted. However, hearsay, exaggerations, secondhand information, gossip and UNSIGNED posts are subject to the possibility of immediate removal - no questions asked. I wont have to defend WHY; "why" is because the author was unwilling to sign their full name. I will be neutral and essentially 'removed' from controversial discussions. If PleasureHorse.com and/or its owners or employees are involved in legal action of any kind as a result of any user's posting(s), that user agrees to indemnify those parties and pay all associated expenses.

I don't know anything about the sale being discussed but it's not fair to anyone to have to defend an general statement from someone hiding behind a screen name.  If someone want to say "I bought lots 12, 19, and 43 and they......" I think that's fair but how is someone supposed to defend an unkown?

CAB

I guess my 2 cents worth would be, if you are in the clubbie world and looking to buy "clubbie" bloodline bred heifers, be aware. They may sometimes have a calf that requires some form of assistance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.