muscel builders

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

what are someof the best mucsel builders for cattle. and do you like keep 'UM Sound or sound advantage better

pigguy

i knwo those arent muscel builders i was wondeirng which works better when you are feeding a muscel builder

pigguy

we were in kansas so. no hills to walk on.
i cnamake on out of round bales though. should i just put one round bale and put dirt on the side or should i put two round bales on the ground and another on on top of that??

chambero

If you are trying to make sure your calf stays sound there is no substitute for letting them act like their counterparts in the pasture and turn them out into as big an area as possible to get exercise.  Cattle need to walk.  In my opinion, a signficant portion (certainly not all)  of the "structure" problems with show cattle are a result of them being fastened up in too small of a stall, on very hard ground, with little exercise.

In addition to the feed we have mixed, we do feed an extra mineral supplement + Show bloom.  Does it really do any good?  Probably not. 

Agribusiness is highly sophisticated and puts billions into research.  When you look into buying a supplement, look up information on who developed and who sells it.  If it is a product that is supposed to "fix" someting and it wasn't developed by a really big company or someone who has real scientific research experience, you are probably buying snake oil.  Someone just doesn't mix up something and it work.  Someone can just mix up something and sell it.  Most of these products are not regulated by the FDA or anyone else.

Things like Optaflexx and Revalor were developed by very big businesses and are used by very big businesses. 

pigguy

that is the thing in at our old place we tried letting them out in the pasture at night but then in the morning they wouldn't come back up they would just stay out in the pasture?? so we just left them in their pen at night. how do you guys get them to come back up in the morning

chambero

Hunger.  You might have to chase them back in a few times. 

It's really just a matter of getting them into a routine.  Ours go into about a 2-acre area at night.  They meet us at the gate to the barn each morning.

If your area is too big, you can always build a smaller enclosure with a hot wire.

Latest posts