My 2012 progress

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ohioteerchick

As some of you may recall from last year, I vented on here about the issues between me and my dad when it came to showing. This year, I took things into my own hands. I bought my own calf with money from where I sold my steer last year, I got a part-time job to pay for my feed and miscellaneous supplies I may need for this calf. I'm even working on a new stall set-up, designed by myself, which will keep calves in unlike what my dad has built in the past.

And also thanks my showing and grooming experience, I was recommend for a large a scholarship to the Ohio State School of Cosmetology. They agree that steer hair would have the same texture as ethnic hair, and not many people have exerience in that area. Afterwards, I'll be (hopefully) attending a school for Veterinary Science!

I attached a picture of my new calf. At our December weigh-ins, he weighed 845, which is more than any calf I've raised.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 311

herfluvr

Good for you and when your Dad says he is proud of you, and he will, someday, say Thank you graciously.  It isn't easy to be shown up by your child...a girl...who has attitude.  Good Job!  And nice steer.  Please share how you do with him.

GoWyo

Maybe he wanted you to take charge all along.  Good work.  Also, you might want to get the feet trimmed on the red steer -- the backs look like they might be getting a little long.

mark tenenbaum

Good for you-Im sure any parent would be proud of the job you are doing-not only does his hair look way cool-YOU HAVE DONE A SUPER JOB of feeding-hes spot on for this time of year,and looks fresh-agree on the hoof trimming. O0

CANsteer

very nice steer, what is he?  i agree with the posts above, don't let his feet get too long. i also like that chute, bought one a couple weeks ago, havn't used it yet tho

Ohioteerchick

CANsteer said:
very nice steer, what is he?  i agree with the posts above, don't let his feet get too long. i also like that chute, bought one a couple weeks ago, havn't used it yet tho

He's out of Direct Hit.
& he was supposed to have his feet done this past weekend, but I had a root canal this past week and taking a while to heal, so we had to postpone it.

Latest posts