My AI calves for fall

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

I used a new bull, Gucci.  Every cow and heifer I bred to him calved but one and she will tonight.  All have been bulls except one heifer.  Has anyone else had some calves from him?  The ones we have had came easy with weights between 63 and 78 lbs.  All are black, hardy at birth, hairy, thick tops, and are growing real well.

Every cow I bred to Hard Core calved too.  One red, my brother got a red one, and all of mine are heifers, but my brother got one bull.  They are thick topped and really square.  The average weight of these calves 76.25.

I got a 100% on Dr. Who, also.  Only bred one exceptionally large heifer to him.  This is a very good, quick growing heifer too.

I got 50% on Triple X.  I only bred two to him.  I bred him to a small PB cow out of Bouncer and it is a real nice calf. 

I am also very proud of a heifer bull I raised.  He is 3/4 Maine out of Ali.  His great grand dam, his grand dam, and his dam never had a large calf and we never pulled one.  I sold the great grand dam at 14 and the grand dam at 10 just to make room for younger cattle with no health issues.  His dam calved today by Gucci.  We have kept every calf of hers.  "153 Ali" was her first .  I have calved 4 heifers that will not be two until January calved without a problem and without help. The average weight is 52 lbs.  We have 7 more to go.