My Calf from Santa would be..........

Help Support Steer Planet:

savaged

Curious about what everyone's perfect Christmas calf would be.  Would most want a great show prospect open heifer to breed later?  That stout and hairy feeder steer... or fat steer?  A maternally oriented and genetic powerhouse heifer?  A proven cow bred to that favorite bull?  A bred heifer with great future potential?  A new herd bull of your dreams?

If you could have just one, which would Santa bring you?

Cattledog

Well, in this business there is a dreamer in all of us!  I would want that awesome bred heifer that was bred to have a flat good one!

BCCC

Cattledog said:
Well, in this business there is a dreamer in all of us!  I would want that awesome bred heifer that was bred to have a flat good one!
gona have to agree!

MYT Farms

Frame score 3. Fat as a tick 365 days a year. Purebred Angus. Bred to PAPA Duralbull or DHD Traveler 6807......... Ah.  ;)

BCCC

MYT Farms said:
Frame score 3. Fat as a tick 365 days a year. Purebred Angus. Bred to PAPA Duralbull or DHD Traveler 6807......... Ah.  ;)
may I ask why so short?

MYT Farms

BCCC said:
MYT Farms said:
may I ask why so short?

So's I can use her to double as a recliner.  :D No, just kidding. Like 'em that size. Perfect height. got a 3 or 4 framer that weighs about, oh, 1300 pounds. Stubby thick look really appeals to me, in case you haven't noticed.

Cowboy Up

The amazing show heifer with the best maternal genetics that would throw good calves every year.

ShowmanQ

Well, Malinda could breed DZ to Bloodstone and send her my way!!! Good thing OH-Breeder's place is not on the way to our's....or else Santa might get mugged (lol)

Malinda

Hey Quinton,

You will have to stand in line behind me. I have a DZ/Bloodstone coming in the spring. Hoping for a heifer. No, praying for a heifer.

DZ is bull bred for a spring calf. I had a little talk with her while she was drinking out of the tank last night. Think heifer, think heifer, think heifer.

If I ever get another one of those red necked roan heifers I WILL be sleeping in the stall.

I am putting three DZ embryos in this week. Thinking heifers!!!! Guess I better hope they get where they are going, at the right time and get snuggled in.

Malinda

amcosgra

I wouldn't mind a Remitall Embracer 8E X Remitall Catalina 24H bull calf from santa. ;D

red

I'd want a maternal powerhouse heifer. She has to be purebred Maine, polled, don't care about color, great EPD's & BW & be defect free.
Good temperment would also have to be a plus!

Red

justme

I'd take my "christmas calf" a little later lol.  My 249 cow that is a Calberta hustler (grand dam to Mucho DInero and mother of my daughters 2 show heifers) is due to HAA Stockman.  It would be a full sib to Mucho's mother and my daughters recent show heifer.  A heifer would be great!  Even better, a heifer that is showable for my daughter and I wouldn't have to buy her one lol.

ROAD WARRIOR

The next national champion bull - with my "funky" little pedigrees he is sure to be an outcross to evewrything! Let the semen sales begin!!  RW

klintdog

knabe said:
a red alert with milk

Curious which breed this refers to. There is a Gelbvieh named Red Alert that can't milk worth a darn too...