My Dad

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

Since the end of January we have really been tied up.  Dad fell in the shop the last of January.  Prior to that he walked two miles per day.  We went to several doctors because he was having back pain.  Finally, a surgeon operated on him and he had a fast growing tumor in his back that was lymphoma.  We then did radiations and biotherapy.  He began doing funny and strange things with these treatments.  We went days without sleep.  We then went to Hopice and we lost day 10 days ago.  He was 88.  I had wrestling matches with him and had to keep him from running off.  We think the cancer went to his brain, but it did not show up on the C-scan.  It was a very trying time for all of us.  I went 72 hours with 3 hours of sleep at one period, then went to Bible study and taught class and preached before going to be.  We had a great turn out for the funeral and I was able to preach the services.  My text was 2 Tim. 4:7-8.

savaged

So much pain and so much darkness,
in this world we stumble through.
All these questions, I can't answer,
so much work to do.

But when I get where I'm going,
and I see my Maker's face.
I'll stand forever in the light,
of His amazing grace.

Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I'm Going

DLD

Sending our condolences.  I know about losing parents, it's tough.  Try to get some rest and take care of yourself.

DL

JB - sorry for you loss and the difficulties associated with the treatment- sometimes in the zeal to stamp out disease the person and his family is forgotten - treatments of this sort in a man of that age can do very strange things to the brain - take care of yourself -dl

CAB

Sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family JB. It'll be 2 years this Sept 8th that my Dad passed. I find myself thinking of him often. Usually when I think of him it is during times around livestock. He was a very gifted man when it came to animal husbandtry.

Jill

When the worst days are worse than the best days are good, it's time to go home.  Sorry for your loss.

justintime

I fully understand your feeling of loss and I extend my condolences to you and your family. When my mother passed away, I came to the realization that there are things worse than death, and intense suffering with virtually no quality of life is one of them. I'm sure you will miss your dad, but I'm sure you have multitudes of memories that you will think of on a daily basis.

Gargan

Truly you are a strong man. I cannot imagine being able to preach my fathers funeral. Im sure Gods strength was powerful in you that day. Phil 4:13 was validated through you. "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me". Bless you!!

Joe Boy

Thanks.

About three times per day, I want to call Dad and discuss cattle, farming and the bad weather.  He was my best male friend and we talked often.

OH Breeder

Joe Boy said:
Thanks.

About three times per day, I want to call Dad and discuss cattle, farming and the bad weather.  He was my best male friend and we talked often.

I don't think you ever forget your parents. I was 21 when I lost my father. We had just started an adult relationship and I wasn't quiet an ass. I talked to him anyways somedays.

Sorry for your loss. Know he went to better place.