farmboy

Here are my long awaited numbers

December weigh in: 642
Show weight: 1266
Hip Height: 51.5 class 5
ADG: 2.6 somthin
26 total steers in 8 classes

7 classes have 3 in them, mine has 5  :mad:

one of my buds is in the class before me...with his sister, that ones gonna be funny (lol)

Show is tommorrow, I'll have updates

cowz

Good luck at your fair! ::)  Do you have a junior market sale?

Telos

You have a great attitude, Farm Boy. It seem likes you are the kind of person that can compete, win or lose (well, not lose too bad), and still enjoy the whole process of showing.

Some people compete to just win a blue or purple ribbon and they think that is the only way they can be happy. Usually when they do this and still win their blues and purples they are still not satisfied. They have to worry about a repeat performance the next season.  Sometimes it becomes addictive.

I have found out the hard way that winning just for the sake of winning is usually not a very good reason and probably unhealthy.

Always enjoy the process. That's winning IMO.

farmboy

I gotter did  ;D

I was in the biggest steer class and placed second and as the cards played out, the girl that got 1st in my class was grand overall and I got to come back in the ring and then the judge selected reserve champion. Not me...gotcha goin didnt I  ;D As the cards played out even more ( thought there were only 52 cards in a deck  ;D ) Neither grand or reserve were from or born and raised in scioto county, im a lucky dog hehe, then the judge picked grand best county and then the pressure was on in this 105 weather and he came over and shook my hand....so i got reserve best scioto county.... (cow)

My heifer got 3/6 and my feeder got 7/8  :( The judge kinda bragged on my heifer and she would have won but wasnt fat  enuff (figures huh, fat heifers  ;) )
My feeder deserved his place, he was the one we showed only because mommy didnt milk good and he needed weaned  and was kinda straight so, that dosnt matter to me

Showmanship- 4/8 jugde said something about me relating to dairy cows..."were not showing dairy, were showing beef" ??? it had some reference to me trying to give the jugde a clear veiw, so idk, ill have to work on that

One thing that really bothered me was the fact it was a steer "show". My steer is not showey, he is a market steer and im darn glad the jugde understood it was a MARKET show....

Ill try to get some pics up, my bros wife has the camera so ill see if they can send em to me via email

PS i was the person who was in the ring the most I think...yup, 5 times

CJB

Who were the overall winners of everything farmboy?

renegade

Telos said:
You have a great attitude, Farm Boy. It seem likes you are the kind of person that can compete, win or lose (well, not lose too bad), and still enjoy the whole process of showing.

Some people compete to just win a blue or purple ribbon and they think that is the only way they can be happy. Usually when they do this and still win their blues and purples they are still not satisfied. They have to worry about a repeat performance the next season.  Sometimes it becomes addictive.

I have found out the hard way that winning just for the sake of winning is usually not a very good reason and probably unhealthy.

Always enjoy the process. That's winning IMO.

But winning makes it that much more fun ;).

farmboy

ok, here we go, try to look at the calf not me, it was a 100 degrees at 9 am and you can tell i wasnt enjoying it...

Attachments

• steer1.jpg
    steer1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 512
  • steer2.jpg
    steer2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 501
  • steer3.jpg
    steer3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 500

DLD

Congratulations farmboy, sounds like a pretty good outing. Our kids have the first one of the season tomorrow (first one ever for the twins  :D ) so we can sure sympathize with you on the heat.

red

Farmboy- you knew I wouldn't let you down! I resized your pictures for you.
Great job, we're all proud of you! I think you've come a long way. Keep it up & maybe we'll see you in the grand champion ring next year!

Red