My heifer.....AGAIN!! Updated picture at the end

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

Here are some recent pictures of my heifer. She has been off pasture since last night(saturday) I wil be showing her on the 8th. Any suggestions? I really need to get her feet trimmed, And work on her shoulders some more. I just have her roughed out. She is pretty big boned, Her feet are bigger then a CD

8020823005.jpg

kanshow

If you want my opinion.. you should leave her home and just turn her back out in the pasture!!!  ;) ;) ;) 

thats funny

She looks good, if she were a steer she would be even better though.....and kanshow, why do u think they should leave her home in the pasture?

farmboy

thats funny said:
She looks good, if she were a steer she would be even better though.....and kanshow, why do u think they should leave her home in the pasture?

so she dosn't beat him haha

kanshow

I was just kidding..  if she stays home in their pasture then she won't be in the ring with our heifers.....

Zach - that's right!!

BCCC

kanshow said:
If you want my opinion.. you should leave her home and just turn her back out in the pasture!!!  ;) ;) ;)   
HAHA now How much fun would that be? Are you taking anything to the expo?

zach said:
love the leg hair. shes a dr who right?
She GREAT leg hair, She is actually Out of an Irish Whiskey Son. She is Th and PHA free, and she is bred to Chill Factor.

Any breeding Suggestings? She could use some width, neck extension, better topline, and a lower tail head.

shortyjock89

Karlton, she's lookin good.  I'd like to see a pic without a shadow on her legs, but she is coming along very nicely.  Pasture time has done her a world of good, IMO.  Make sure you get that leg hair clipped down so she doesn't have those steer-posted legs.  Breed her to Naughty Pine or Warrant if she's clean for the 2nd or 3rd calves, you could get a homerun. Dr. Who, Friction, and Hannibal would work on her too, I know she's not a huge heifer.

BCCC

I havent decided what im gona show her as yet but will probally end up showing as a breeding becaise I dont think she can compeatr against oklahoma market heifers. I will be weighing her to see how much she gained out on pasture cuz she is a fatty compared to when we put her on pasture.... Cant wait to see her in december she had ALOT of hair now and its been hot...I tried gettin a picture where shawdows werent on her legs but she wasnt havin it

doubled

Oh gosh she looks awesome, look at that hair and bone and that butt, super duper- you should be so proud on how she is doing (clapping) <party>

BCCC

She got Grand Senior Maine Heifer, Grand Overall Maine Heifer, and Reserve Overall Heifer. Thank you For your comments!!

BCCC

kanshow said:
Congratulations!! She looks good!    You bringing her to the Expo?
Thank you all! I am planning on taking her up there, She will probally be the only one I take unless, I can find another heifer to show. I am either going to buy a heifer or two or buy some embroys.....So we shall see.....Remember that the entries are due on the 15th! What are you taking?

kanshow

probably bringing 2 or 3 hfrs... 

Where is everyone staying down there?  Is there an official Steerplanet motel?  ;D