My heifer"Lily"

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

What do you think of her? I will be showing her at the county fair. She is out of a Aftershock cow and is sired by a bull called "Ralston" he is a red angus owned by duane miller from ohio. He was part of the champion pen of three for the red angus breed a few years back.

Attachments

• cows 058.jpg
    cows 058.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 832

Bawndoh

I like the amount of thickness she posesses.  A bit of hair would make her look even better as it would camoflague her tight flank and heart girth.  She could definately also benefit from a neck sweat.
All around, a very nice heifer.

shortyjock89

Real nice heifer, but I wanna know about the blue roan and the red cow in the background  ;)

But really, I wouldn't mind having a heifer or two like her in my barn to make into cows.

Dusty

I really like her, especially considering how she is bred.  She has that working girl look to her and should make a good cow.  There are a hundred bulls out there that will add hair and clean up a front if you wanted to try and raise a club calf out of her.

vet tech

DCC_Cattle said:
Very nice heifer! She should make a very nice cow for you and with her pedigree you have a lot of breeding options.
Thank you all for your comments. Here is a pic of her mother

Attachments

• cows 014.jpg
    cows 014.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 490

vet tech

Dusty said:
I really like her, especially considering how she is bred.  She has that working girl look to her and should make a good cow.  There are a hundred bulls out there that will add hair and clean up a front if you wanted to try and raise a club calf out of her.
I do want to raise club calves out of her, what do you suggest?

shortyjock89

For her first one, I recommend Gigolo Joe or Money Man.  After that, I would think hard about Dr. Who, Hannibal, or maybe even Manchild ( I love his calves). I've seen good calves out of Warrant and Naughty Pine and cows made like her.  I think she would work with a bunch of different bulls to be honest.  She could also raise some really good bull or replacement heifer prospects out of some more maternal bulls like Dirty Harry...

Turkey Creek Ranch

She is a very nice heifer! She looks a lot like the heifers we raise and turn into cows. We breed them to Angus bull, and get really nice calves. If you are just wanting to show on a "county fair" basis, then i would suggest and Angus bull.

She would fit in very nice in our herd ;)

ROMAX

Nothing wrong with that heifer i love black baldies,she should make an awesome cow,just make sure to breed her to a freakyfronted bull.

Dusty

vet tech said:
Dusty said:
I do want to raise club calves out of her, what do you suggest?

Well, Who Made Who would work well, especially if you got a heifer.  Or you could use some some sort of Full Flush derivative, (Friction, Mossy Oak etc).  I would probably stay away from the Heatseeker lines for no other reason than you could get a red calf.  If a red one doesn't bother you, you could try Heatseeker himself or one of his cleaner made sons, Point Taken, Buckcherry, Money Shot, Habager's Texas Hold'Em(AAY son), some of the HS son's might be homo black, I'm just not sure which ones.  About Time, which is a All About You(HS full brother), is homo black I believe.  That could be a good mating.

kane1598

Dirty Harry could really work on her! Check out my heifer on here...search for Dirty Harry heifer, she'll pop right up.