My New Heifer Update *Pics*

Help Support Steer Planet:

TottenClubCalves

This is my new heifer I got from Jason Jensen, she's a sunseeker out of a herf x angus cow. She is a mid april heifer. let me know what you think. she's blown out with a little kleen sheen in her thats it.

TottenClubCalves006.jpg

TottenClubCalves003.jpg

TottenClubCalves004.jpg

Bawndoh

I am JEALOUS!!!  She is near perfection in my eyes!!  Only thing, hope her feet hold up, as they are all white.  If you are willing to disclose this, how much did you pay for this peice of perfection??
P.S. Wish you the best of luck at all the shows you take her to!

showsteerdlux

Nice calf, wish I could have that kind in my barn. If I could do anything to her I would like to see that the left rear foot doesn't point out. It looks like she is wide based and is good on her front wheels as far as not pointing out. She is packed full of muscle but I would like to see her carry some more rib shape. This may come with time and feed. Overall nice heifer and hope you do good with her.

TottenClubCalves

I paid 1800 for her I really got a good deal on her I've had her for about a month and a half now. Her legs are holding up good every day she gets a rinse and once a week a soap bath. She tracks a little narow but walks right into her tracks. she actually has some pretty good ribshape she's just got such a big butt you can't tell.

knabe

i would find something a little more substantial to tie her up to.  i would hate to see a little more follow that panel with her.  although you were probably just doing it for the pic.  i too would like to see some more spring in her rib

showsteerdlux

Well you got a steal on her I can say that much. If you don't mind me askin where are you located  and did you haul her from OK?

TottenClubCalves

I'm from Florida I got her hauled down from Lathrop Livestock Hauling and we picked her up at Southern Cattle Company in Marianna, Fl. She's actually growing about an inch or a little over of hair a month where really pushing her. She's holding up well. Of course it could be the two fand and misters are helping to. she's just starting to  O0

doubled

nice heifer, good luck with her keep us posted on her progress

Clubcalfshowgirl

I love this heifer reminds me of the one marshall sewell showed 2 years ago!!

TottenClubCalves said:
This is my new heifer I got from Jason Jensen, she's a sunseeker out of a herf x angus cow. She is a mid april heifer. let me know what you think. she's blown out with a little kleen sheen in her thats it.

TottenClubCalves

It only cost me 350 to haul her down but Jason split it with me so I only had to pay 175. Do you think she should have some shots at a couple of grands or reserves in her show career or is she just an average heifer?

showsteerdlux

Well you got a durn good deal all around. i figured the shipping would kill you. i guess they had other animals that were going to Southern Livestock. I think that you should have a chance at some banners. Idk what kind of competition you have in your area but in my area(Western NC) she might have trouble with one family that wins everything but she would have a chance at giving them some trouble. What does she weigh?

showsteerdlux

Ok she is right on target. If you start showing pretty soon you may want to consider bulking up her feed some to give her some more spring of rib. If you have it available to you I would say that the full tank product from Akey/Sunglo would do her a world of good. if you can get that rib shape i would guess that that might give you an edge since she seems to have evrything else. Was this the first time you dealt with Jason because it seems he treated you very well.

TottenClubCalves

yes its the first time I have dealt with Jason he's an honest good guy who has great cattle his site is on showsteers its jensen show cattle. I don't have acces to full tank but I do have access to beet pulp and I wonder if acco makes anything for them?

Clubcalfshowgirl

oh ya she has a chance expecially in Fl with some of the big names this year graduateing

TottenClubCalves said:
It only cost me 350 to haul her down but Jason split it with me so I only had to pay 175. Do you think she should have some shots at a couple of grands or reserves in her show career or is she just an average heifer?