My new Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

TottenClubCalves

This is the heifer I decided on tell me what you think she's worth?

newheifer.jpg

justme

She's sharp...I'm always a sucker for a baldie!  I'm not gonna guess I don't want to over guess or insult you lol.  She looks really nice though congrats!

TottenClubCalves

Thank you, I really like her the only thing I kinda dislike is her socks if you look real close you can see them through the grass other than that she's perfect I think. she a april calf. she's a sunseeker x F1 Baldie cow

knabe

if you bought her, she's worth less.  this is because of sellers repuation vs. yours.  she's worth the feeling she gives you if you don't intend to make a profit, no more no less.  people keep asking this question.  if you need to know the answer to this question, pencil it out, your expenses vs proceeds = profit or loss, it's really that simple.  price doesn't win anything, if that were the case, the showring would not really be worth playing at all.  think of the comments, sally or jimmy spent 3 dollars more than me so they win.  it's not about what's it worth unless you are in it to make a profit, or just minimize your costs to participate.  to me, it's just another form of asking, so, how much do you make, or how many acres do you own, not being negative, really.

if the question is, what did you pay for her, i'll guess $2200

TottenClubCalves

I paid 2000 for her I'm not worried about profit, I'm very competitive and I really just wanted to know if she would be competitive in the showring. I just wanted to ask how much shes worth because in different parts of the country she could have sold for different prices thats all I think that she is a very good heifer for 2000 and that she'l make a great cow to.

CAB

She looks real fancy, the kind that will maybe work in the ring somewhat and make a cow when she's done. How are you going to get her home? Good luck with her and take good care of her she looks special. Congrats, Cab

CAB

Forgot to say, she's worth whatever you and Jason decided on today. I hope she worked well for Jason, and hope she works better for you. Cab

cowz

I like her.  You did good by getting her for 2.  Gotta like the chrome!  Sunseekers get better as time goes on as well.  Congrats.  ;D

strawroanlova

ive shown all of your cows before,whendo i get a chance witht this one, wheres she at now and are you going to pick her up,when will you have her

shortyjock89

I think that she looks really nice from her pic and I would really like to see what she looks like 4 or 5 months bred, I think that may be when she's at her best.

shortdawg

I really like her a lot. I think she will be a great addition to your herd. Just curious, where did she come from ? I brought one very similar to her home for some folks in MS from OK.

OH Breeder

Of course from the picture she looks like she is plenty hairy and has nice lines. Depth of rib and clean neck. She is worth what you are willing to pay for her. In our area, you see heifers sell from 1200 to 12000. QUality is all over the board, depends on who is sellling and who is buying and sometimes what the "sale" is. If she settles breeds back and doesn't have any issues calving she is worth her weight in gold. But, that is to be decided. Just remember when you are showing, it is just one judges opinion. You will find judges that will love her chrome and others that are color blind. I say the more chrome the better. Good luck with your investment.
Sunseeker x ?? whats on the bottom side? Sunseeker goes back to WHO on the top side and WHO make fairly good club mommas. Wish the best.

shortyisqueen

She's very cowy looking, much more so than the other two you were looking at. And IMVHO, that's two big thumbs up. I think you got a deal!!!

Beautiful heifer. Congratulations on your purchase.