My new steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

nck21

I'm new to this site and thought I would put a couple of pictures up of my steer. Please tell me what you think of him. The first pic the breeder took about a month ago. The rear shot was taken yesterday. Thanks

Attachments

• ok calf.jpg
    ok calf.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 915
  • cowboy sized.jpg
    cowboy sized.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 916

OH Breeder

Profiles well. Looks like he is going to be a nice fat. Hard to really evaluate his rear from the angle of the picture. But, overrall a good looking calf.

nck21

He is a Heat Wave calf and was born in late March. He moves out well. The only thing I don't like about him are his front shoulders aren't as wide as they should be.

Jill

Hard to evaluate from that angle, but he looks like he should feed out well.  From the 2nd picture he looks plenty wide in his front and his right hoof looks like it toes out on the front, keep his hooves trimmed by someone that knows what they're doing.

fluffer

Looks nice.  I think his shoulders are fine.  I like his smooth front.  May hit him with a neck sweat a little bit, and that isn't even that bad.  Good job picking a nice steer- should be a great project!  Good luck with him and let us all know how he does for you. ;)

garybob

Probably will gain good. Cattle with a little extra skin & wrinkles on the brisket & front are usually gainers. Where'd he come from? That's some nice Bermuda Pasture he's standing in.

nck21

He came from Grell Cattle in Braman, Oklahoma. Their website is www.grellcattle.com. I'll be showing him at the Kansas Beef Expo in December. Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback!

knabe

heatwaves are pretty easy to spot.  they have similar hair, they have a buried spine from their hooks to their pins with their tail coming out like a basenji and they have that point in the muscle about 1/4 th of the way down from their pins where they are wide.  i'll bet his front opens enough for you over time.

ROMAX

Iwouldn't worry too much about the width of his shoulders,Kirk Stierwalt told me at a clinic this summer "you want them biult like a dragster big in the back skinny in the front"Iwas always clipping them too look square front to back.