My son's 2008-2009 show steer pics--Whatcha think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

mrs sawboss

Attached are pictures of my son's show steer for 2008-2009.  The steer has been shown four times and has taken Grand Champion 2X and Reserve Champion 2X.  Let us know what you think!  Thanks for looking!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0406 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0406 (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0408 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0408 (Small).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 712

shortyjock89

I can't wait until he gets to be a fat steer.  He's got that classic Market Steer look.  Fort Worth?

What's his breeding?

mrs sawboss

We are aiming for Ft. Worth.  Currently weighs in at 930 lbs.  Was beaten this weekend by a 1140 lbs. Ft. Worth  steer.  He is out of the bull Tank and a HooDoo cow.  He catches alot of eyes where ever we take him because of his unusual coloring.

Lazy G

Awesome calf, he looks great structurally, he should put on that extra weight easy and do quite well at that show.

RSC

mrs sawboss said:
Attached are pictures of my son's show steer for 2008-2009.  The steer has been shown four times and has taken Grand Champion 2X and Reserve Champion 2X.  Let us know what you think!  Thanks for looking!!!!

Nice Calf, looks like a sound one with the color pattern to catch your eye!

RSC

sawboss

He was bred and raised by a SteerPlanet member, Olsen Cattle Company in Corsicana, TX.  That was his last jackpot show of the Fall, it is time to put him in the cool room and start pushing him hard for Fort Worth.  Thanks for the compliments, the calf is extremely sound on his feet and movements.  This calf has the easiest hair to train and manage that I have ever seen.

Jive Turkey

I love the black nose and and black eyes on that calf.

What a nice calf you have on your hands!

olsencattleco

It looks like you guys are doing a great job with him.  I sure wish we had more feeders like you guys.  I always did love his hair. It had that "pop" from the minute he was born. Thank you for keeping us updated on him and good luck guys! Be sure to tell your boys they are doing an excellent job!!

eric olsen