My Turn

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ric

I have heard a lot more of this bull as of recent besides the few that were in the sales last weekend in ohio what has everyone thought about the calves?

cattlepimp

I've only had two, both heifers out of a couple of cows that are pretty hard to look at, but they were born easily 80lbs and have a cool, cocky look to them! cant wait to see what they turn into, theyre thick and moderate which is what ive been lookin for......just wish they were born bulls. I will be using My Turn on some of our better cows this year

Ric

was the cow pretty thick because the only bad thing I have been hearing about them is some are not stout and thick enough

jbh

Ric said:
was the cow pretty thick because the only bad thing I have been hearing about them is some are not stout and thick enough

From what I've seen so far the My Turns are a little later maturing type calf (instead of being born mature ;) ;))  The fat steer in the My Turn ad that's been winning was actually about a bucket calf (getting a bottle while still on the poor milking cow).  However some are VERY stout when they're born, but rarely a C section.  One discovery I made on this last trip is that he has NOT thrown any MONKEY MOUTH's that I know of.....a MAJOR plus for the way he is bred and what he'll be used on.  If some are not as thick as you might like to see, just give them time.....remember how the good Who Made Who's changed as they matured, they're very similar,but with that little extra Heat Seeker flair.

cattlepimp

actually they arent thick at all, my dad just wanted to keep these cows because they have blaze faces, i was tryin to synch them to be recips and they came in late so i figured i would just breed them to my turn and im pretty impressed.

cowman

cattlepimp said:
actually they arent thick at all, my dad just wanted to keep these cows because they have blaze faces, i was tryin to synch them to be recips and they came in late so i figured i would just breed them to my turn and im pretty impressed.

got pictures??

Ric

yes i would also be very interested to see any pictures as well

jbh

Ric said:
yes i would also be very interested to see any pictures as well

Gonna try and get a short video with pics up on youtube next week.  I'll post win it's done.

Show Steaks

I have a my turn fat steer that is doing wonderful. in winter he had hair out the ying yang. I never work with the hair and feed him hard. he weighs about 1000-1050 now and terminal is last week in  july.  he's putting on condition nicely and is almost keeping up with the angus steer in his pen on adding condition. I'm overall very pleased at how this steer is turning out, was a little worried he wouldnt finish but he is defiantely proving me wrong

inthebarnagain

Is My Turn registered or not???  Wish I had thought to ask that before I bought some because I would have like to have something registerable.

inthebarnagain

Show me a site with his registration number.  Better yet, when you do a search of Heat Seeker progeny and type in his birthdate, there is no bull registered under him.  There is one named My Turn but it is a different birthdate and doesn't show Hook as the owner

BCCC

I would be very suprized if he wasnt registered. He is out of heat seeker, and a wmw x total play cow, I could have the wrong total play but I think he is 40% chi

TJ

Cattle Visions says his ACA #  is 335320.  Like inthebarnagain said, the DOB on Cattle Vision doesn't match up with the DOB on the ACA site, but it's looking like it's the same bull. 

OH Breeder

It also shows on that registration that MY TURN is THF not a carrier. I am not sure the 335320 is right. Mr. Hook might be able to clear it up for us.

registration 03/15/2005 THF ???

Cattlevisions
• My Turn
Birth Date:
02/27/2006
  BW:  88 lbs
ACA # 335320
THC