My Turn

Help Support Steer Planet:

AStar

I was thinking of using My Turn on some mature Angus cows. Cows are soggy made and I was just wondering if anyone has tried him on Angus? I would like to keep the heifers for replacements.

Hoosier

Got a My Turn steer calf out of an angus cow this spring....stout, big hipped, good bone, big footed, plenty of middle (for a steer)....not the greatest haired - I'm crediting that to the cow - but it's gettin better. Don't know how maternal My Turn's calves will be, being a HS x Who, but i would think the angus on the dam's side would help.

AStar

Thanks for the reply Hoosier.

Has anyone else out there had any My Turn calves?

Show Steaks

I showed a my turn x angus this year...  like hoosier said above. decent enough boned footed and middled. he was a little straight in his rear, but seems thats how most clubbies are.  had ton of hair early but ended up losing it. finished better than i had expected him to

greenbean

We had a set of My Turn twins this spring out of a "big ole" Angus cow.  I will try to put the pictures on here.  The steer is sold but we still have the heifer.  Ours are the same as posted above, good but the hair isn't quite there, but agreed mostly crediting that to the cow. 

Attachments

• My Turn 1.png
    My Turn 1.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 949
  • My Turn 2.png
    My Turn 2.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 931

farmboy

^^^^ that steer is the man. were thinking about flushing our dirty hairy donor to him next spring and seeing what we can come up with.

AStar

YNOT CATTLE said:
Astar, here are a couple My Turn's we have.  The steer is out of a Who Made Who/Angus female, sound and soggy.  The heifer is out of a Full Throttle/angus female, also sound and soggy.  Both of the cows are very similar in fact.  Not to intrude on your post, but both will sell in our sale Oct. 10-11th. 

Your Calf Who's Turn is actually what sparked my interest about My Turn. You should really be proud of him.

jbh

I've been getting several calls about My Turns in sales coming up......You can see some really nice ones at the following websites:  Tracy Goretska Show Steers,  Choate Show calves both accessable through showsteers.com and go to sinclaircattleco.com to see  a couple really nice heifers.

I personally visited Y Nots about a month ago and that My Turn is the REAL DEAL!!!!  One of the BEST ONES I've seen ALL YEAR LONG!

REMEMBER:  You won't see very many My Turns in comparison to the other popular sires THIS YEAR...BECAUSE... we didn't have very much semen to sell LAST YEAR due to him returning in poor condition from a fall lease.  NEXT YEAR.....LOOK OUT!!!  We moved a TON of semen this spring and got him in some REALLY GOOD COWS.

About the initial question on Angus cows.....he'll work and will make some nice ones......BUT, it's hard to get any half angus animals stout enough in comparison to the 3 and 4 ways.

AStar

jbh, Thanks for the reply. I am going to give My Turn a go. I was thinking of ordering through ABS, is that the only option?

AML

What kind of cows do you think MY turn would work best with ? What are his strengths/ weakness?

OH Breeder

What I really like about the calves I have seen is how clean made they are. Cocky look and nice fronts. They just look like good feeding complete calves. I guess this year we will be able to tell as they youngin's become fats.