N/C youth football?

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

I need some ideas for some gifts for my sons football coaches. This is his first year, and he joined a group that has been playing together for years. This group of boys and coaches welcomed my son in and helped him fit in and learn way beyond belief. I would like to show the whole team some thanks too. Any suggestions?

RidinHeifer

Doer the whole team not go together to get a big gift?  that's how it was when I played Jr high and middle school sports.  Most of the time we got nice pull over windbreakers embroidered with team name etc.  Another idea, we worked as a class and got one of the signature frames, everyone on the class signed it, I think we used our class photo, and gave it to our principal during graduation.  He was a pretty good one though and it was his last year on his contract and was leaving for another school.

frostback

The team is not really school affiliated. It is called the town team but it is not a school deal in middle school. High school yes but for now just volenteer coaches.
Yes they have a end party but I do not know how that works. This is our first year. I want to do something for the coaches seperate from the team. I have giving money for the team gift, and have done my share of the after game snakes and such, but would like to do more for this year, as I feel they have done more for my son in getting him up to speed so to say, being ready and giving him equal playing time.
All the coaches have numerous team shirts and jackets.

herfluvr

frostback said:
I need some ideas for some gifts for my sons football coaches. This is his first year, and he joined a group that has been playing together for years. This group of boys and coaches welcomed my son in and helped him fit in and learn way beyond belief. I would like to show the whole team some thanks too. Any suggestions?

For my son's  8th grade BBall coach I took a fun picture of the whole team.  Got it blown up to an 8x10 at Walmart.  Grabbed a frame that has the matte you can sign and had all the boys sign it and gave it to him framed.  It was his first coaching ever and he loved it.  If the boys sign the matte make sure they sign it at least an inch from the outter edge so when the fram goes on you don't loose a signature.  You can do a collage shot as well for the picture.  

ETA:  If you have a bunch of pictures those picture books you can make online are way cool.  I have done them for sports, tractor trips, memory books for a pet and recently documents the year for our cattle friend starting at the first show and ending at state fair.  A really neat way to preserve the season.

jason

herfluvr said:
frostback said:

For my son's  8th grade BBall coach I took a fun picture of the whole team.  Got it blown up to an 8x10 at Walmart.  Grabbed a frame that has the matte you can sign and had all the boys sign it and gave it to him framed.  It was his first coaching ever and he loved it.  If the boys sign the matte make sure they sign it at least an inch from the outter edge so when the fram goes on you don't loose a signature.  You can do a collage shot as well for the picture.  

ETA:  If you have a bunch of pictures those picture books you can make online are way cool.  I have done them for sports, tractor trips, memory books for a pet and recently documents the year for our cattle friend starting at the first show and ending at state fair.  A really neat way to preserve the season.

This idea has my vote.

DiamondMCattle

When I was in little league, our coaches sometimes got picture collages of action shots and candid pictures of them with the kids, or sometimes a framed picture or football that the whole team would sign.

frostback

I will pass on the photo ideas to the other parents. This is something I want to do personally for the coaches, and I dont think a book of photos of my kid alone would be the thing to do, that and I dont have any photos.

DiamondMCattle

We had a person who took pictures for the whole team at almost every game, but she was a family friend and did it for no charge

chambero

I coach peewee football.  A simple thanks goes a long way.  A football signed by the whole team is the best keepsake.  Homebaked food always works.  Nobody is going to put up framed photos - nobody has room.  Most coaches do this for years.

vc

I second the signed football, with either a case or stand for the ball, I still have the signed footballs the team gave me from when I coached, from over 10 years ago.

husker1

I"ve coached my son's baseball team for the last 5 years now.  It always amazes me how few parents even offer a thanks.  Last year, of the 15 kids on the team, I think I heard thank you from maybe 3 or 4 parents. 

It has taught me to thank (numerous times) the other parents that coach my kids.

I commend you for being grateful and showing it!  And, yes, a simple verbal thank you goes along ways....