NAILE - TJ

Help Support Steer Planet:

dori36

Hey, I've got a quick question, sort of aimed at TJ but open to anyone else who can shed some light for me:  I've never attended the NAILE either as an exhibitor nor a spectator since I lived in WY during my most active cattle times.  So, TJ, I noticed on the ELAA website on the info page about the NAILE (I was trying to get some dates so I can give the Lowline show a plug on my website) that entries are to be sent to you, personally.  The other livestock expos I've attended and shown at (WY State Fair, Denver, Billings, Am Royal) have exhibitors send directly to the show.  Is this the usual for the NAILE or is it because the Lowline show is new or ...... just the normal protocol for the NAILE?  Thanks!

TJ

Since it is a brand new show, the ELAA has put on the entire show on themselves, including the handling of the entries themselves.  Since I am the NAILE Show Rep, as well as, one of the 3 ELAA members on our "show committee" (the other 2 being Cindy Jackson & John Floyd), & since I am the one in contact with the NAILE & responsible for what happens, I'm processing the entries.  When I receive them, I will send copies to the Sec., as well as, the checks to the Tres, on a weekly basis.  Both the Tres. & I will send out confirmations to the exhibitors. 

FYI, the Mini Herefords, the Belted Galloways (I think)& maybe a few others have to handle it the same way also, but the breeds that have "proven" themselves to the NAILE Committee, do it the usual way, & they send their entries in directly to the NAILE. 

In a year or 2, if the Lowline Show "proves" it'self, it's my belief & hope that the NAILE will handle the entries, start paying premium money, etc., etc., but right now, we are almost totally on our own... which is why we collect the money & then pay them.  Pretty much, all they want to do is provide us the space, give us an entry in the premium catalog, set the date, & charge us a per head fee.  They also want to see the cattle presented in a professional, public friendly way, and for us to abide by all the rules set forth by the NAILE Executive Committee.     

I do want to make it known that I am NOT on the judge selection committee.  I refused to be on that committee, as I wanted no part of that.   ;)   However, except for picking & paying the judge, I basically will be responsible for everything else at the NAILE, including checking in the cattle, etc.  I've got volunteers willing to help at the show & we will gladly accept more!  I'd rather delegate at the show than do everything myself & try to work with cattle too, but, I'm willing to do whatever it takes & I have no doubt that the Lowline Show is going to make a very favorable impression. 

Dates are on the ELAA website, but are as follows...

Cattle can arrive after 1 PM on Nov. 18
All cattle in place by 11 AM on Nov. 19
Show at 1 PM on Nov. 20
Begin release sometime on the night of the 20th (TBA)
All out before 3 PM on Nov. 21

Entry fee is $60 per head
Entries are due by Oct 15, 2008

If you have any other questions or need more info, let me know.

dori36

TJ said:
Since it is a brand new show, the ELAA has put on the entire show on themselves, including the handling of the entries themselves.  Since I am the NAILE Show Rep, as well as, one of the 3 ELAA members on our "show committee" (the other 2 being Cindy Jackson & John Floyd), & since I am the one in contact with the NAILE & responsible for what happens, I'm processing the entries.  When I receive them, I will send copies to the Sec., as well as, the checks to the Tres, on a weekly basis.  Both the Tres. & I will send out confirmations to the exhibitors. .....

.....Dates are on the ELAA website, but are as follows...

Show at 1 PM on Nov. 20

Thanks,  TJ!  That explains it perfectly.  I'll get the dates up on my site.  Since I don't have a page or place for "News", it'll be on the "Wanted" page.

LazyGLowlines

TJ..is there a hotel that has reserved rooms for the lowline group?  I'm considering coming out to watch.

TJ

LazyGLowlines said:
TJ..is there a hotel that has reserved rooms for the lowline group?  I'm considering coming out to watch.

I hope that you can attend.  FWIW, it is largest "Purebred" Cattle Show in the United States.  The only reason Denver is bigger is because of the commercial pen shows in the yards & it absolutely blows Kansas City away.  I think that we will have a good sized crowd show up just to check us out.  It will be a great opportunity, IMHO.   

I am not on the Hotel committee either, so I don't know for sure if the arrangements have been finalized or not, but I hope to find out something ASAP...really thought that I already would have heard something.  I spoke Margie, who is on that committee & she hasn't heard anything either... Burton Weise is taking care of it.  I was told that we should be getting the rooms for $79 per night, which is very good for Louisville.  Supposedly, the hotel is pretty decent too.  It's been a week or so, since I last spoke with Burton, so I was already planning to try to contact him tomorrow, because we need to know the details, ASAP.  When I find out, I will post them and/or email you. 

BTW, if you fly in, the show & the hotel are both in the same vicinity as the airport... I think the hotel is 3 miles away & the Fairgrounds is closer than that.  You probably wont, but let me know if you need a ride from the Airport. 

FWIW, Margie Banse, who also is on the Hotel committee, is planning a hospitality room with the $400 "hot dog" money that we get from the ALR for refreshments (the only money we are getting, btw).  She's wanting to entertain something big & was talking like she may spend money out of her own pocket on the hospitality room... I bet she goes all out.  She's been talking to John Floyd about it & I bet between those 2, it's going to be a pretty interesting hospitality room.  They seem like they know what they are doing, so I am staying out of their way.  ;) 

I want to take a moment to brag on the ELAA members, because in all honesty, we have a very good group of multi-talented, highly dedicated individuals & everyone seems to have something different to offer.  Not to mention that Cindy & I have experience with putting on cattle shows & we are very familar with the NAILE facilities, & John Floyd is the National Show Chairman, so I have no doubt that we will all band together & make this an impressive event.  I only wish that Tim Robinson & Jim Moody weren't, more or less, selling out.  Those 2 would have been huge assets to our organization!!   

TJ

dori36 said:
TJ said:
Since it is a brand new show, the ELAA has put on the entire show on themselves, including the handling of the entries themselves.  Since I am the NAILE Show Rep, as well as, one of the 3 ELAA members on our "show committee" (the other 2 being Cindy Jackson & John Floyd), & since I am the one in contact with the NAILE & responsible for what happens, I'm processing the entries.  When I receive them, I will send copies to the Sec., as well as, the checks to the Tres, on a weekly basis.  Both the Tres. & I will send out confirmations to the exhibitors. .....

.....Dates are on the ELAA website, but are as follows...

Show at 1 PM on Nov. 20

Thanks,  TJ!  That explains it perfectly.  I'll get the dates up on my site.  Since I don't have a page or place for "News", it'll be on the "Wanted" page.

Thanks, Dori... I appreciate it!  The more that know, the better. 

inthebarnagain

When checking out the hotels, don't limit yourself to Louisville, also check out Jeffersonville and Clarksville (less than 10 minutes away) and Sellersburg (less than 15 minutes away.  Both of these are in Indiana.  I grew up in Jeffersonville and live about 30 minutes from the fairgrounds now.  All three places have nice hotels which may be cheaper than the ones right by the fairgrounds. 

Also, if you need any help with the Lowline show, let me know, I would love to help out. 

TJ

inthebarnagain said:
When checking out the hotels, don't limit yourself to Louisville, also check out Jeffersonville and Clarksville (less than 10 minutes away) and Sellersburg (less than 15 minutes away.  Both of these are in Indiana.  I grew up in Jeffersonville and live about 30 minutes from the fairgrounds now.  All three places have nice hotels which may be cheaper than the ones right by the fairgrounds. 

Also, if you need any help with the Lowline show, let me know, I would love to help out. 

I totally agree about staying north of the river & I think that it is a great idea.  We used to do that all the time.  However, I'm having a hard time getting the "hotel committee" to buy into that idea.     

I did find out tonight that we still haven't gotten a confirmation from the hotel that they have been speaking with... I wont know anymore until tomorrow.   

BTW, I'll PM you about the offer to help.   

Latest posts