National Stock Shows

Help Support Steer Planet:

andholl

I am thinking about going to a national stock show this next show season. Which one do you recomend? Which is the biggest, most fun, ect.?

C

cornish

depends on what part of the country you are from, and what you are showing.

none of them are 'fun'- if you are going to 'win'. it's all just as much, if not more 'work' than any other show.  and standing last sucks.

andholl

I can't go to denver because it conflicts with Fort Worth. The NAILE and American Royal are still possibilities though but I'd prefer to pic one because of expenses.

shortdawg

NAILE is a good show - I've enjoyed the times we've been there. As was stated above, it is work to compete at most any level but when you get down to the nuts and bolts, a show is a show. The prestige goes with the venue but preparing for it isn't much different in my opinion. I made the mistake of taking more animals than I should have one time so I would suggest that you carry only as many as you can handle so that you can enjoy the experience more.....

The Show

Yeah Fort Worth and Denver always fall really close. I'd go to the NAILE because I love Kentucky, but Kansas City is closer.

lightnin4

I've been to most of them (at least as a spectator).  I always tell people that I think the most impressive are Denver and NAILE.  I've shown at the NAILE, and I suspect as others have said, they are all the same as far as the work getting ready.  But, if you can't get to Denver then I vote for the NAILE, for all the things to see and do outside of your stall.

AAOK

andholl said:
I am thinking about going to a national stock show this next show season. Which one do you recomend? Which is the biggest, most fun, ect.?

I don't know your age, or what you show, but, if you are under 21, join the Breed Association of your cattle and Register to attend the National Junior Show this Summer.
BY FAR THE BEST EXPERIENCE AND MOST FUN YOU WILL EVER HAVE AT A CATTLE SHOW!!!!

Will

AAOK said:
andholl said:

I don't know your age, or what you show, but, if you are under 21, join the Breed Association of your cattle and Register to attend the National Junior Show this Summer.
BY FAR THE BEST EXPERIENCE AND MOST FUN YOU WILL EVER HAVE AT A CATTLE SHOW!!!!
I agree.

SWMO

I will agree.  If you are under 21, go to the Jr Nationals of your breed.  You will have fun if you get involved.

Charolais is in Nebraska this year.  Entry Deadline is May 1, Late entry is May 10.  I am sure others have the locations for their Jr Nationals.

andholl

I think i'm going to look into the NAILE. I'll post a picture after i get the heifer on some feed. Thanks for the advise everyone!