national western

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

ok say i have a maine angus cross heifer. what would i be able to show her in at the national western??

shortyjock89

Maintainer, I believe. That is, of course, assuming she is registered Mainetainer.

Jill

It depends, if the Sire or Dam is a papered Maine and the heifer is 1/4 or above she can be shown as a Mainetainer, if she is lower that that she doesn't qualify. If the Sire or Dam (whichever carries the Maine isn't paper she couldn't be shown as anything but cross.  Check the entry book, at like NAILE she would show as an AOB as a Maintainer.

pigguy

ok. well the mom is 1/4 maine and 3/4 angus. but i odnt know baout he sire i am trying to figure it out. when is the NAILE

pigguy

ok her dam i s1/4 maine and 3/4 angus. and her sire is 87.5% maine is a registered Maine Anjou. so what would she be

Jill

They have to be 75% to show Maine, so she would be a Maintainer.  The Jr. show at NAILE is the 10-11th of November, they check in on on the 8th and have to be in by noon on the 9th, they release after showing, AOB show on the 10th.

pigguy

so since her dad is regeistered as a maine anju and her mom is a commercail cow and she 56.15% maine i can get her registered as a mainetainer?? and i cant show her in the junior heifer show since i havent bought her and it is after july 31st. i would have to show her as a senior maintainer heifer. an d grand champion gets $75 and the entry fee is $55 so even if some one got grand they would only make $20 i have to be missing somethin

ROAD WARRIOR

Pigguy - if you can figure out how to make money off of the premiums that most shows pay let me in on it. I figure a week in Denver and the expences occurred with it will run  around $2000.00 on a bare bones opperation. I show to promote my herd and sell cattle, others show because it is a hobby that the whole family can participate in. I can usually pick up enough outside work clipping for other people after I get there to help offset some of the expences but it still takes alot of cash to run up and down the show road.