National Western

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

Wow. I don't know if I like that idea. Gaylord has his hands in many things and I'm not much of a fan. I have no problem with the city of Denver financing such a move. Just not crazy about the Gaylord involvement. Gaylord Properties always looks like a Gaylord Property and is very commercial. He does have plenty of money, though.

HF CHARS

I wonder what this would do to the pen shows, would they just be eliminated.  It only talks about a indoor building

shortdawg

Interesting ! I really like the historic aspects of the yards  but I'd still go wherever it is held,

Okotoks

In Calgary they used an Agricultural grant to build a new ag facility at the Stampede Grounds. The Round Up Center was used for about two years for livestock. The concrete floors were buffed and cattle would often slip and fall. Most of the year it was used for trade shows and the other exhibitors would complain about the livestock smell. After 2 years the cattle were moved back to the old Ag Pavilion and the Round Up Center is now a trade show and convention center that has been expanded three times. There is no longer a livestock show at the Stampede and the Ag Pavilion is used about twice a year for cattle, a 4H show and a bull sale. It is slated for demolition in the next couple of years. Unfortunately big cities and stock shows don't seem to go together. The best thing to me about Denver is the yards. It would be sad to see them go! :(

CAB

I hope that it stays affordable for the blue collar cowboys that like to get together in Jan.

ZNT

I hope the developers and the NWSS people understand the value of the the "Yards".  That is the one thing that make the NWSS so unique.  Without them, will the National Western be any different than any other stock show?

6M Ranch

Been wishing they would move for years.  Facilities and location are terrible.  New location would be closer to home.  Still hoping to move the State Fair out of Pueblo!!!

shortyjock89

6M Ranch said:
Been wishing they would move for years.  Facilities and location are terrible.  New location would be closer to home.  Still hoping to move the State Fair out of Pueblo!!!

Oh nowwwww. The Hill is okay. And growing up I was taught that you wouldn't appreciate the NAILE until you had to deal with the yards in a blizzard.

Davis Shorthorns

I for one hope they dont move the NWSS.  Renovate the hill a bit and put some new wood up in the yards, but dont move it.  Denver is Denver because of the yards and the feeling you get with all that history.