Naughty Pine

Help Support Steer Planet:

BK

how have thae calves been. what have u used him on. and are his calves a hit or miss like heat wave

farmboy

honest, have never seen a throw away NP

5 calves in his first year. like 3 natl. champs and eye candy. he's pretty good IMO

BIGTEX

I saw two really nice NP this weekend. They were the two best out of about 50. There was a couple of sunseekers that were nice also.

keduhpn

zach said:

5 calves in his first year. like 3 natl. champs and eye candy. he's pretty good IMO
How big were those Naughty Pine calves at birth? I want to breed some 2nd calf medium frame maine cows to him. What have you experienced?

farmboy

keduhpn said:
zach said:

How big were those Naughty Pine calves at birth? I want to breed some 2nd calf medium frame maine cows to him. What have you experienced?

i have no idea how big they were, you need to email trausch or call those guys. haven't bred any to him but im gonna say your cows would be fine

stangs13

Saw a really nice Naughty pine about a month ago, he was my second choice out of the 13 that were there.

DTW

Had one heifer last year.  100 lbs birth weight and that was actual birth weight on a hanging scale.
She was born unassisted out of a big simmi angus cow.  I would say you need to use him on a cow that has some power and size as well.

RSC

I have a couple and have seen several more, He seems to be pretty consistent.  I had one heifer that was born unassisted at #120.

Tony

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Comparing him to Carnac , they are a little more stretchy, he throws some real pretty dark red ones ,Carnac has never thrown any red ones , this is on Char cows  most of these comparisions .Neither one have had any rattails like the Heat Waves .  Hair quality is about the same , cow affects that also, birth weight is pretty close , both sires throw a calf every so often that is pretty straight on feet an legs.  Need to use a thicker type cow for the NP , Carnac will add more thickness on the average , but remember this is just my little comparison.  We used ALIAS, NP, CARNAC, APOLLO ,an TINMAN  an are very satisfied with these sires . No problems calving with any of them, but just used purebred Angus an Charolais cows .

OhShOwEr

keduhpn said:
zach said:

We had 2 out of 2nd calvers...both came easy the biggest was out of a simmental and it was only about 80lbs and one out of a Doctor who that was maybe 75.  hope that helps

olsencattleco

We used Naughty Pine on 7 or 8 of our char x's this year. They were all made real nice and had tons of hair. I think they are going to work for slick shows as well. all are very smooth made