NBAR Hamley

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

So where is the best place to get Red Angus semen. I assume ABS are more numbers cattle. What about genetic horizons? What is the best one stop Red Angus semen stop. I would be temped to try some gravity. He's just a little fronty and not big enough. Would there be udder problems or anything with him? Thanks in advance.

ROAD WARRIOR

aj said:
So where is the best place to get Red Angus semen. I assume ABS are more numbers cattle. What about genetic horizons? What is the best one stop Red Angus semen stop. I would be temped to try some gravity. He's just a little fronty and not big enough. Would there be udder problems or anything with him? Thanks in advance.

Brylor Semen sales - I got tired of looking at 10 R A bulls in the catalogs here in the states - especialy when 6 of the 10 were half brothers. RW

Torch

I use Cattle Visions. If they don't have it and I give them enough time they will get just about any bull I ask for.

cattle nut

aj said:
I would agree that Brylor Semen Sales is the best source of Red Angus bull genetics. If you want some help on selecting a sire let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I would love to help out if I can.

Show Heifer

Brylor is good for Canadian genetics. But does not carry any US bulls.
SEK and Cattle Visions can usually get anything that is out their, even most brylor bulls.

ROAD WARRIOR

Show Heifer said:
Brylor is good for Canadian genetics. But does not carry any US bulls.
SEK and Cattle Visions can usually get anything that is out their, even most brylor bulls.
Brylor carries Braveheart,Hi Ho 574,Rambler 1000, Marias548, Northern King 656, Golden Boy 719, Bitterroot Gold 25XA, Stryker,Branded Beef L107, Grans Prix 102, Bodacious 693, Badlands Bonus 702, Beefmaker 2101, Trendsetter 6074, Chateau 309R, Forever Grand 5834, Sensation 702E, LCB Lancer 1202S, Huckleberry 701,Cougar 720, Deep Canyon 908, High capacity 224 - all US bulls in adition to their Canadian bulls. Over 60 Red Angus bulls available. RW

aj

Nope. I have a lotta of Detour grandsons and grand daughters. And then the old ABS Lancer bull.

Show Dad

AJ I have seen Hamley and many of his calves but never used him as I saw him as a calving ease bull. A little too extreme calving ease for me and all that comes with that moniker. Like terrible growth besides lack of fleshing and etc. But his EPD on CE has been all over the board and seems to have settled in around what many would consider minimal for calving ease. Was as high as 17 or 18 at one time years back. I had other bulls like Makin Hay, Suth Huck and Evolution that I have used for AI'ing heifers.

Best Hamley son I ever saw was one that Feeder Duck owned called Red Rocket. I believe it was out of a Mulberry cow. My son showed a heifer out of him. A good alternative to Hamley is a bull Road Warrior owns. It's out of the same cow if I remember right.

Never saw one that was directly out of Hamley do well in the show ring, unless it was tied to the ownership of the bull.

Now don't get me wrong, I like NBAR cattle, I have some in my herd, just never thought Hamley fit what I was doing breeding wise.

Just my thoughts.
SD
<alien>

Latest posts