NCC Kearney

Help Support Steer Planet:

mike

Since I cant reply on the Smoke Bomb thread I was going to say there is quite the conversation going on on breeders world 2nd page about the champion market heifer, I have to admit they look alot alike but dont care 1 way or the other just thought it was interesting.

RSC

mike said:
Since I cant reply on the Smoke Bomb thread I was going to say there is quite the conversation going on on breeders world 2nd page about the champion market heifer, I have to admit they look alot alike but dont care 1 way or the other just thought it was interesting.
Interesting, can anyone post pictures of both the Champion Mkt heifer at the Classic and at the Iowa Beef Expo?

Tony

mike

RSC said:
mike said:
Interesting, can anyone post pictures of both the Champion Mkt heifer at the Classic and at the Iowa Beef Expo?

Tony
[/quote

Tony

about 3/4 down the thread someone has both links up to compare]

mike

mike said:
RSC said:
mike said:

Tony
[/quote

Tony

about 3/4 down the thread someone has both links up to compare]

The links are under GREGS

mike

zach said:
same heifer

Thats what I thought but it would be alful hard to change tags that quick, NCC was the next Sunday after IA I guess it could be done but like it was said before thats alot to risk on a heifer that good, just IMO

RSC

mike said:
zach said:
same heifer

Thats what I thought but it would be alful hard to change tags that quick, NCC was the next Sunday after IA I guess it could be done but like it was said before thats alot to risk on a heifer that good, just IMO
With the looks of the throat and markings on front leg, it sure looks like the same to me.  Good heifer though.

Tony

mike

knabe said:
was the earlier show supposed to be terminal, or is ownership change the issue?

No its a prospect show but each show is suppose to be from their own state for the animal and exhibitor and you have to have the market tags from your own state from the weigh in.

mike

Jill said:
Ya, cause like nobody has ever switched tags before, duh! (clapping)

Not the point of switching tags, the IA calf is from a pretty respectule breeder that was showing it there find it kinda hard to believe he would risk his rep by doing that just imo

Dusty

I don't know about Kearney, but u don't have to have a 4H tag in to show at the Iowa Beef Expo.  It's just a jackpot show.  You don't even have to be in 4H to show.  Just under 21 and mail your entries from an Iowa address.  I don't know for sure, but even if it is the same heifer no one has done anything wrong.

showsteerdlux

It looks to me that the roan color and the heifers necks are a little lighter on the Iowa one. Could be the picture though.

ZNT

I would say there is a 99.9% chance they are the same heifer.  Nice heifer though

Cowboy

Check the pics folks -- look for obvious standout markings on the first, then go to the second.

At the very top of the withers is a small dark spot -- same inboth pics, along with the indent in the large spot on the shoulder, as WELL as the cannon bone spot on the lower right front leg. Also, look carefully at pic one of the right hind leg -- there are three rather obvious spots that work together -- exactly the SAME as the second pic.

Same hfr -- different girl -- end of story. The wrongs or rights??? -- well that is up to the show commitees and the owner(s). If she was sposed to be shown INSTATE as an owned hfr, doesn't that break at least one rule?? Not in the show ring any more of course, but right IS right -- correct??

Ghost rider strikes again!

Terry

OH Breeder

I did not see anything on the other websight about this heifer. ALTHOUGH things do disappear frequently on that site.

Roans are pretty distinguishable. Rare that you find roans that match up as well as that one. Did they break the rules at one or the other? Is that the point you are trying to make? I guess I am trying to understand what the point of the post is if no rules have been broken. I have seen several competitors show different cattle at different shows. With it being a market animal I would not expect her to be registered. But if she was then you might have an issue, as it would be hard to get the papers back in a week.