Need a Bull to Breed to for 3 Angus Cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

ABCs

Hello All,
I've got 3 Angus cows that I need to breed at the end of the year or first part of next.  I've noticed where it's been said that Monopoly shouldn't be used on Angus cattle so what should I use (I have some Monopoly in the tank that I was going to use).  Doesn't really matter if he is black or not.  The cows are sound, deep,  good through the front end but could use more bone.  I'm also not worried about adding hair since the cattle will end up at slick show.  I'm not worried too worried about them and calving ease (though it's always in back of my mind no matter what breed they are) because this would be their 4 or 5 calf with no problems in the past.

Thanks in advance

the angus111

i would use monopoly.is angus allergic to monopoly?all joking aside.i think somebody has no luck with the mating and ruled out angus.your mating might work.rusty

shortyjock89

A lot of people's way of thinking on that Mon x Angus deal is that there won't be enough power and bone to make steers.  I think the heifers might be pretty good though.

okcc

I would go with a bull like Lifeline, Lead On, Black Rhino, or Yellow Jacket.

BAILEYFARMS

The monopoly's I've seen are extremely thick. I would think he would work on an Angus.Its always a gamble on what will work if you have it i would try it. If you want something else Heat wave. At my house they get bred to heat wave or mono unless their shorthorn or a heifer. Just my opinion

ABCs

Thanks for the replies

If I don't end up using the Monopoly on the Angus cows I will use him on a couple of Gert cows we have.  Part of me wants to see what kind of ABC calves I could get with this crossing.  If you guys have anymore suggestions throw them out, I'm willing to listen.

Thanks again

bart22

I wouldn't use Monopoly on Angus cows. That would make your calves 3/4 Angus. I know you might get an ocasional freak but most of the time a 3/4 Angus just won't have the power, hair, or bone to compete in a strong steer show. My opinion. On our Angus cows we're using Jimmy the Greek, Eyes on the Money, Point Taken, and Golden Child. 

doublestuff

i spoke to lautner a few weeks ago and he likes HW on angus cows and also mentioned WMW still works very well on them provided they are sound structured.