Need advise

Help Support Steer Planet:

sfajacks2010

I have two heifers the kids want to show this summer. I need to keep the hair. I have a barn with a stall that is 15 x 15 I was going to put two fans and misters on them will I need to tie them or let them run lose. Because we won't be able to check them during the day. And should we bed them on straw or shavings.

angus214

We live in Mississippi and we put our in the barn with fans and misters. We rinse in the morning and brush and blow, then we put them in under fans and put misters on timers we use shavings it is easier to keep clean. We rinse brush and blow in the PM before we put them out for the night. When it is over 80 we try to rinse brush and blow at lunch as well. Hope this will help.

Mainevent

I second what angus said, I don't personally use misters as the water in my area is very hard and messes the hair up. Rinse, brush, blow and sheen that's what I do in the hot Texas summer. I use swamp coolers also and we cut them loose if possible as they can sometimes become a little rougher on their joints if tied all day. Hope this helps

titan

use alot of sullivan's revive if you want to keep their hair fresh.