Need an Opinion

Help Support Steer Planet:

DEA

I am looking for opinions/advice/info. on Umbarger Show feeds?  Pros/Cons??  I know there isn't alot of difference between the bagged show feeds, but I am trying to find some opinions on those who use or have used it.  I have been told it is the best bagged feed out there to people don't like it because it freezes and becomes like a concrete block when it gets cold or it molds to easy and you can't use it.  Just curious to see other opinions.  How soon do you usually switch from Cattle Blaster to Barley Based if your main show goal is August? 

ShowmanQ

General rule of thumb is to switch to Barley Base 60 days out from your fair. Basically it depends on where your calf is at physically and what he needs at the time.

OhShOwEr

As far as switching to the barley base, they should have a pretty good finish on them first if they don't then I wouldn't switch.  IT all depends on the calf.    We have used and sold it for about 6 years now and have never had a problem with mold, but yes in the winter time it gets a little hard, but just about all of them do with the molasses.  Good Luck and hope this helps :)