need help liek really fast.

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

i have 2 heifers that need to gain 30 more pounds on july 9th and tomarrow is weigh in and it has been hot here so they havent been gain real great.

so i was  wondering if i should just not feed them tonite and give a bunch of hay in the mornning. (thye dont get much hay and they eat it like crazy when they do get hay). or if i should feed them tonite and in th emorrning. any other ideas. only a 15 minute ride and if i need to my grandmas house is 2 blocks form the fair grounds.

ROAD WARRIOR

If you have a Sunglow feed dealer close to you get a sack of "Full Tank" let him have all he wants and water. It will absorbe alot of water.

shortyjock89

Dont water them on weigh in day until about  10 minutes before weigh in.  You can put jello mix in the water to make it tastier to them if they won't drink straight water.  Also, feed early in the day before it gets hot.  I mean at like 6 30 a.m. Keep them as cool as you can during the day.  Then feed after it starts to cool down at night.  

shortyjock89

Beet Pulp works well if you feed ALOT of it before you weigh in.  But if they eat it wet, they might not drink...

ROAD WARRIOR

If he will eat it dry it will help provided he drinks, if he doesn't drink before you go try adding gatoraide to the water.

pigguy

so i should take them  off water tonite. feed them when it gets cool and then in the mornning give them wet beet pulp and all the water they will drink

the angus111

pigguy, when is the grant county fair,what day is the beef show and what time?i might ease over and watch.rusty

pigguy

weigh in is tomarrow and the beef show is on thursday. at  i think 10:30 am. then the sale is on friday at 6:30 pm

afhm

If you want them to drink more, salt them then hold them off of water until before you weigh in.  They will drink then  and if you combine this with the beet pulp you should be ok.

pigguy

afhm said:
If you want them to drink more, salt them then hold them off of water until before you weigh in.  They will drink then  and if you combine this with the beet pulp you should be ok.
what if i salt them tonite and give them a bunch of water and grass hay right before weigh in. they dont like wet beet pulp

red

trouble is grass hay will just make them full not add weight. Water & feed the best way to get weight but I'm probalby too late.

Red