need help on feed rations

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJ_ROCHHOLZ

i have a angus breeding heifer that i need help dropping the belly on here i was told I'm feeding to much corn I'm looking for a ration that i can mix myself anyone have any good ideas

obie105

Take a look at AAOK feed the ration. You can also use the search function this has been discussed quite a bit lately and there are tons of good ideas out there.

paj315

We feed a lot of beat pulp to our heifers or you can use a feed additive called Full and Fresh or Depth Charge. We feed the beat pulp wet and mix it into their feed with the other two just follow the directions on the bag

cowman 52

We have had real good results using a ground alfalfa/Timothy hay, tractor supply carries it, 40 lb bags, using it as about 1/4 the ration, feed it wet, the same thought as the dairy guys and their tmr. You can feed all you want, they get full before they get too much.  Had a 2 yr old bull eating 3 five gallon buckets a day,

Cow Chaser

This is our show heifer feed ration, we normally feed depth charge along with this when we get about two months from our first show. We feed at 2% of body weight, and I will add more beep pulp and cotton seed hulls to this ration to use it as a holding ration once our goal body condition and size is reached.

Per Ton Amounts
Corn -                  1200 lbs
Oats -                    160 lbs
Cotton Seed Hulls - 160 lbs
Beet Pulp -             160 lbs
Purina Cattle 32 -    200 lbs  
Purina W&R AS 7.5 - 10 lbs  (Purina Wind and Rain mineral)
Liquid Molasses -       100 lbs
AB 20 -                    10 lbs  (Feeding due to high levels of alfatoxin in corn this past year)