Need help on flush sire

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

This is a Major Impact out of X-Rays mother. She is THC. I'm wanting to flush her to a Maine or Clubby bull (THF&PHAF). She's had some pretty nice calves by Primo,Sonny,Rodeo Augustus & has a real nice hfr at her side by our Super Dazzler son. Thanks for any help.

shortyjock89

I think that maybe Kadabra would work pretty good with her.  He's sired some really good heifers and one of my good friends has shown two really good steers out of him.  He throws really good hair and bone, and the calves that I've been around have all stayed pretty sound.

Richburg

hannibal or bold statement are good club calf bulls and are both free

itk

You guys might think I am nuts but how about Perfect Timing. Maybe it is my gambling spirit but line breeding all of those genetics could be really exciting (or a disaster). The Ka'Ba cows seem to line breed very well. Or maybe you should breed her to him first to see what happens, but I think at least one calf out of the flush would be beyond awesome. Also I think the bottom side of Major Impacts pedigree would offer enough stability to make up for the rest of the crazy things that could go wrong with this mating.

knabe

Doc said:
This is a Major Impact out of X-Rays mother. She is THC. I'm wanting to flush her to a Maine or Clubby bull (THF&PHAF). She's had some pretty nice calves by Primo,Sonny,Rodeo Augustus & has a real nice hfr at her side by our Super Dazzler son. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• gwendoline.jpg
    gwendoline.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 640

shortyjock89

itk said:
You guys might think I am nuts but how about Perfect Timing. Maybe it is my gambling spirit but line breeding all of those genetics could be really exciting (or a disaster). The Ka'Ba cows seem to line breed very well. Or maybe you should breed her to him first to see what happens, but I think at least one calf out of the flush would be beyond awesome. Also I think the bottom side of Major Impacts pedigree would offer enough stability to make up for the rest of the crazy things that could go wrong with this mating.

itk- I'm pretty much nuts about Perfect Timing too, and I would have suggested him for linebreeding too, but Doc said he kinda wanted a Maine bull. Have you seen many calves out of Perfect Timing? Go ahead and PM if you want and we can talk about him and not hi-jack this thread.

OH Breeder

I would like to see Habanero or Strictly Business. I think both are highly maternal bulls and would have a recognizable name if you wanted to sell the eggs. I don't know how Majors Money Man would work, but Hartmans' sale last year had a great one out of him. Just a thought.

DL

OK Doc - I will sound like a broken record but if you are looking for great females and a proven Maine bull I would use FR Magic - his females pretty much do it all - show ring appeal and great in the pasture - excellent temperament, good mothers and he is real consistent. I also like DF Midas for great cows, but they likely won't have the show ring appeal that Magic females do but they are superior cows. I haven't yet had any Money Man calves, but Majors have a boat load of them, they have had some pretty fancy females in Hartman's sale and again a bull that has stood the test of time. If you are looking for clubby I can't help ya :) If I was going to gamble I'd breed the cow the the gambler bull to see what I got - one ugly crippled bugger is better than a tankful and if it really clicks you have an awesome animal to market embryos. Sounds like a fun project - finally got to see the cow, thanks knabe, with a land line I saw her head for 20 minutes (lol)

Doc

Thanks Knabe for resizing. I geuss I should have asked one of my kids to help. They are definitely better on this computer than I am. ;D
Thanks for the ideas so far, if anybody has anymore keep them coming.

DL

shortdawg said:
Hannibal, Witchdoctor, or Pistol Pete if you can find the semen.

shortdawg - I have tried real hard to get  Pete female - they are awesome - all I get are bulls (who are pretty OK) - good idea

Doc - you can go back to your original post and delete the picture by going to modify and then other options and then delete the check mark for gwendolin

Doc

DL said:
shortdawg said:
Hannibal, Witchdoctor, or Pistol Pete if you can find the semen.

shortdawg - I have tried real hard to get  Pete female - they are awesome - all I get are bulls (who are pretty OK) - good idea

Doc - you can go back to your original post and delete the picture by going to modify and then other options and then delete the check mark for gwendolin
DL, thanks for the help on the picture.

Dero

If she were mine I would use Pale Face or Dr. Who. We have had pretty good luck with thoes two bulls on some Shorthorn influence cows.