Need Help

Help Support Steer Planet:

gilbert07

I got a purebred charolais 3 weeks ago and she had pretty long hair but not trained so good...i washed her like 2 days after i got her and her hair was fine and all of a sudden i washed her monday of this week and shes losing hair like crazy..i dont know why all of a sudden she started loosing hair..shes 10 months old so her baby hair should be gone by now..the people i got her from had show bloom in her feed and i have been feeding it ever since i got her..i poured her the other day just for kicks and disenfected her building too, but if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

rtmcc

Sometimes just a change in environment, or a move can cause hair loss.  Also the ration change.  Some cattle will shuck out hair just from going to a show.  Besides the Show Bloom, is your ration similar to what the calf was on or is it higher in protein or fat?  She may just be home sick until she gets used to her new home.  If the hair had not been worked before you got her, she may have just had a bunch of old dead stuff that needed to come out anyway.

Good luck.  She should come back with real nice hair fast this time of year!

Ron
<cowboy>

gilbert07

i got her close to pontiac illinois and i live 2 hours from there straight east in indiana...there is somewhat of a difference in feed...im giving her rolled corn, oats, cotton seed hulls, baby beef, ade mineral, and liquid molasses...im figuring as cool as its going to get she should grow it back soon...im taking her to kentucky beef expo so i want to make sure shes ready to roll.