Need Help

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blackangus55

What's everyones thougt about this bull. Pick him apart. I'm trying to sell him.

Attachments

• bull 1.png
    bull 1.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 383
  • bull2.png
    bull2.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 381
  • bull 3.png
    bull 3.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 370

ROAD WARRIOR

Can't really tell much from the pictures. Don't know his age or breeding but he looks pretty green. Also looks like you need to feed him to blow some guts in him and drop the flank. Pretty hard to tell if what I see is real or memorex from a picture. RW

Blackangus55

He is pretty green, he is in with about ten A.I cows now. His pedigree: his dam is a gambles queen 932 cow and his sire is an edition son. He is just a late march calf. 

ROAD WARRIOR

Old rule of thumb - Too green = less green (dollars). While I personally don't like FAT bulls, he could stand quite a little more weight. If possible I would put him in a pen by himself and put some feed to him. I would also pour him if you haven't done so recently. How soon are you planning on selling him? RW

Blackangus55

I can put him back on some feed. What should i feed he was on some 12% show ration. Also, what do you mean by pour him, i've never heard that erm used before. I was planning on selling him as soon as i could, i was gonna sell him cheap.

shortyjock89

Pour= worm him.  I'd feed him up pretty good for a month or so and get some more pics.

ROAD WARRIOR

JohnsonCattleCo. said:
I can put him back on some feed. What should i feed he was on some 12% show ration. Also, what do you mean by pour him, i've never heard that erm used before. I was planning on selling him as soon as i could, i was gonna sell him cheap.

Pour him with ivormec or cydectin or a similar product. Work him up on your show feed and I would probably throw in some beet pulp or winning fill to try and put some more guts in him. RW

showsteer11

the bull appears to have no guts, his rib shape looks to be to flat, he appears to be fine boned, not trying to be harsh but this is what i see in the bull, hair also seems to be an issue.