Need Honest Opinions Please!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

My 12 yr daughter has wanted me to post some pics on here of her heifer to see what other people think. This calf is out of her own cow and she can not make up her mind what she wants to do with this calf, keep or sell her. We have posted pics of her on here before when she was born and then a few weeks ago while she was still on her mom. She was born May 20, 2008 and is out of a Power Plus son and a draft pick grand daughter. The calf is vey gentle and laid back. She is as close as you can come to being bomb proof. I let my 2yr old walk her the other day. We weaned her last week so she is very green. So please let us know what you think of. Not the best pics but my daughter wanted to post her on here today.

Attachments

• Trixie 042a.JPG
    Trixie 042a.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 544
  • Trixie 031a.JPG
    Trixie 031a.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 552
  • Trixie 008a.JPG
    Trixie 008a.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 542
  • Trixie 044a.JPG
    Trixie 044a.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 530

afhm

She has all the right parts and like you said she is very green at this point.  I would hang onto her for a while, she looks like she is worth feeding and growing out to me.

OH Breeder

Nice heifer and nice job clipping ;). has some hip and quarter from behind. Nice top line and looks like she is going to have some depth of body. She is young at this point and grow and change very fast. Does she have a place in your daughters program? Would your daughter sell her and invest in another? Those are the kind of question we ask one another at the farm. When we decide to sell we talk about what we can replace it with and price. Do'nt know if that makes much sense but.....JMO

AAOK

Not the greatest pictures, but we got a good look at her.  I sure don't see any major holes in this heifer.  I like the extension in her front end, and how she comes down nice & smooth in her shoulders.  She is deep enough, and has the kind of hair to make her easy to even up the belly and flank.  She is plenty thick, nice bone, good legs; what I would call a keeper.

When we had one good enough to show, that's exactly what we did.  If she did some winning, we might sell her, or if she was better than a cow we had, we would keep showing her, and sell a cow.  The way I see it, the only reason to breed show calves, is you can show your own.

CAB

We'd keep one like her here. Her structure looks good. She's wide based, thick enough, deep enough. Time and groceries, and she'll be fine. JMO. Brent

doubled

Yeah Id keep her, she has good bone, good hair, shows her self off, nice lines to her, still being green she carries a little middle, good heifer.

SKF

Thanks for all the opinions!!!  My daughter now says she not in such a hurry to sell her and will keep her and start showing her and see how she does. I am glad because I have always really like the heifer but I am just a mom. When your 12 yrs old, moms don't know much anymore  ;).