Need some feed suggestions

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerseller

I have used homemade show feed for awhile and thiink I going to buy some real stuff for my calves. Any suggestions?

austin

Heres some:

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_product_group.html?CGUID=1FDB2032-1116-42C0-A715-6F86459ADE6B

austin

I use oxy explosion, and I think it's excellent. You really have to moniter your steer though because it will get a crazy appetite and can gain weight quick. Some people don't like it, but it if used right is very effective.

austin

joe

austin said:
I use oxy explosion, and I think it's excellent. You really have to moniter your steer though because it will get a crazy appetite and can gain weight quick. Some people don't like it, but it if used right is very effective.

austin

Absolutely hate oxy. I experimented with one of my calves and he gained way too may weight too fast.

austin

joe said:
Absolutely hate oxy. I experimented with one of my calves and he gained way too may weight too fast.

Like i said, You really have to moniter your calf well. And BTW it's called OXY EXPLOSION! The calf's weight and appetite is going to increase rapidly.

What are you using now? ???

joe

austin said:
joe said:

Like i said, You really have to moniter your calf well. And BTW it's called OXY EXPLOSION! The calf's weight and appetite is going to increase rapidly.

What are you using now? ???

show bloom

Mountain Laurel Farm

I used Purina Show Chow and Kent Show Feed with our cattle and we could see a differnce within days of starting them on it. We also began creep feeding and using Kent's winning fill about a year ago.

obie105

I switched from my homemade recipe to a bagged feed a couple of years ago and I will never do it again. If its working don't switch. We add vita term and Beet pulp as needed. My feed is pretty close to the AAOK ration on here.

ejoe326

I agree with obie it is not always successful.

Why do you want to make a change? 

I have spent a fortune on show feeds over the years.  I am convinced the really wet, uniform looking feed is for my benefit not the cattle.