Need weight fast

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Does anyone recomend any supplement that would help with weight. We are having a really hard time with weight this year. the steers are eating they are just not gaining because it is like summer time here. I have started adding corn to their feed but its not helping. Our fairs start next month through March. Out of six steers 4 are in jepordy of not making it and the two that I think will make weight will just make it. This is the worst year we have ever had as far as getting weight on them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!!

pigguy

you could ass somethin sweet to the feed to make them like it more. also keep them cool with fans and misters. good luck

AAOK

SKF said:
Does anyone recomend any supplement that would help with weight. We are having a really hard time with weight this year. the steers are eating they are just not gaining because it is like summer time here. I have started adding corn to their feed but its not helping. Our fairs start next month through March. Out of six steers 4 are in jepordy of not making it and the two that I think will make weight will just make it. This is the worst year we have ever had as far as getting weight on them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Merry CHRISTmas K & V,
Find an ADM/Moormans feed representative and buy a bag of Natural Glo.  Feed 1 pound/day added to your normal ration.  Gradually increase to no more than 2 pounds/day.  It will increase muscle growth, and hair quality.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  Good Luck!

BTW: You should buy the curly haired bull in Texas.  I'll guarantee he will be a herd changer.

SKF

Merry CHRISTmas K & V,
Find an ADM/Moormans feed representative and buy a bag of Natural Glo.  Feed 1 pound/day added to your normal ration.  Gradually increase to no more than 2 pounds/day.  It will increase muscle growth, and hair quality.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  Good Luck!

BTW: You should buy the curly haired bull in Texas.  I'll guarantee he will be a herd changer.

[/quote]

Dan-  I am not a fan of curly haired calves because this humidity here makes it a lot of work. I do like the bull calf and I am still thinking about him. Blue Berry is getting ready to have her first calf anyday!! :) Merry Christmas!!

boomer

RE:  Need weight fast

We have always fed our calves natural glo with their grain. I like it because  the amount of fat and B vitamins(great for the hair). Depending on how they gain, we also use Cool Calories or Show Bloom.I have used it on my performance horses and it worked great. I decided to try it on the cattle about 3yrs ago. We have had good luck with it. Its great to hear what other people feed. Its just another way to put another tool in your tool box. You never know when you might have to try several different things until you find something that works for your situation.

Latest posts