Nelson Cattle Company Bred Female Sale Catalog now available online

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

I just wanted to let everyone know that had asked about this or who might not already know, that we are selling the remainder of our cows except for a handful of donors and partnership females. We dispersed most of the herd last fall and kept about 20 head and a few yearling heifers. We have decided to sell the remainder and retain only a handful of partnership females and a couple of donors as well as Gigolo Joe and Nelson 26T2. Dan Sullivan, a long time friend of our family, has graciously offered to let us sell them on his "Power In the Blood" female sale on December 5 in Dunlap.  This is an incredible offering and they are bred for club calves and Maine's. You will NOT want to miss seeing these females in person.  Most of these females are halter broke too!  You can see the catalog online at:  http://issuu.com/primetimeagri/docs/sullivanmode=embed&layout=http://skin.issuu.com/v/dark/layout.xml&showFlipBtn=true
If you need any further information or would like to see the cattle in person before the sale please feel free to contact me.  712-269-6275  --Juli  The cattle will be available for viewing towards the end of the month at our farm.

Juli Nelson
Nelson Cattle Company

common sense

Thanks Ruchian. I don't know what the story is on that one. I missed that computer class...ok, I missed ALL of them.   :-\    If you go to www.primetimeagrimarketing.com you can get to the catalog from that site as well.  Our offering starts with Lot 92. I want to point out that the information on the Nelson 26T2 bull next to the picture is not correct. He is not Homozygous Polled. He is Homozygous Black and there is about a 99% chance that he is Homozygous Solid.

common sense

cowman said:
Will there be a dispersal next year as well??    ;D

LOL, I would highly doubt it.  Just sticking to the Club Calf Sale and focusing on the donors.  I know we all have a different idea of what a cow dispersal is but by definition it simply means the act or process of dispersing or the condition of being dispersed; distribution. dispersal [dɪˈspɜːsəl]. n. So, in short, mission accomplished.  When trying to get your genetics out into the open market and into the hands of people that will use them to be successful and improve the breed, I think that dispersing the females is the fastest and most effective manner. And, in my case, when I no longer have the ground to keep them it's an added bonus.  The down-side to that scenario is that now I have had a taste of freedom. There IS life after cows!...and I think I LIKEY. I am looking forward to finding some time to focus my energy on a few other cattle endeavors. Who knows where the road might lead?

cowman

Juli N a/k/a common sense said:
cowman said:
Will there be a dispersal next year as well??    ;D

LOL, I would highly doubt it.  Just sticking to the Club Calf Sale and focusing on the donors.  I know we all have a different idea of what a cow dispersal is but by definition it simply means the act or process of dispersing or the condition of being dispersed; distribution. dispersal [dɪˈspɜːsəl]. n. So, in short, mission accomplished.  When trying to get your genetics out into the open market and into the hands of people that will use them to be successful and improve the breed, I think that dispersing the females is the fastest and most effective manner. And, in my case, when I no longer have the ground to keep them it's an added bonus.  The down-side to that scenario is that now I have had a taste of freedom. There IS life after cows!...and I think I LIKEY. I am looking forward to finding some time to focus my energy on a few other cattle endeavors. Who knows where the road might lead?

Well, for the record I agree and am glad you guys are offering some again this year. I tried and failed last year to get anything other than semen. I look forward to having another chance. Just having some fun.

common sense

Show Steaks said:
Jw if these heifers are available for viewing over the thanksgiving break

We will be clipping next weekend and the first part of the week after we get back from Louisville.  I would LOVE to show them to anybody that would like to stop by over Thanksgiving...or anytime.  Everyone is welcome and I will have the coffee pot going!

Juli