neti pot

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

anyone ever use one of these things?

http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/NetiPot/NetiPotInstructions.aspx

knabe

clear congestion a little bit better than sticking your finger out your eye.  there is a little brine in them, so similar to gargling with aspirin and salt with a sore throat, they also cleanse congestion as the bacteria don't like the saline environment.  one of my nasal passages is occluded, an operation supposedly only lasts about 10 years before it grows back.  was thinking about trying one as i have allergies which is coming up soon.

CAB

Marc, did you hear about this on Oprah? I have a daughter that suffers from allergies. I have been telling her about the neti pots. Since Dr. Oz talked about them, you can't hardly find them. People that have tried them, swear by'em. Brent

knabe

of course CAB, get my fix everyday.  i've heard of them before as i'm in the biotech industry and been around asians and indians for about 15 years and they swear by them.  i think i'm gonna get one.  it will probably not work well as one side is colluded and i'll need to probably have a slow drain model for my slow brain.

that tape worm was awesome and the rear scratching, what a conduit and fast way to spread.  no wonder they are so common.  and we are worried about E. coli. 

shorthorns r us

just gargle mild NaCL or OH solution and expell it through your nose.  it will tingle a little; but, you will still have that money in your pocket.

knabe

i tried that but i can't get a good coverage as my apprehension is unpredictable.  must relax.  good point.

CAB

Knabe, please let me know how it works out for you. SRU, that would work too, but I think it would be much easier and better with one of the little tea pots. Brent

shorthorns r us

i should have ended my other post with, "that's what i do."  thats how i know it tingles a little.

char

i just heard about the neti pot this week....one of my patient's has one for her son he has allergies really bad....and it has made a huge difference....he is not taking any more allergy medications...she swears by it....and she did hear about in on Oprah....char