New addition to herd

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I think that heifer is so bad you should probably drop her on my farm. We have a program for animals like yours. We would take her in and make room for her. Just email the details we'll get a pen ready. She is gonna take some work but we will sacrifice.

;D...................

Very nice heifer. Showy gal. Heat Wave x Meyer/Angus is a prettty cool mix.

herefordfootball

OH Breeder said:
I think that heifer is so bad you should probably drop her on my farm. We have a program for animals like yours. We would take her in and make room for her. Just email the details we'll get a pen ready. She is gonna take some work but we will sacrifice.

;D...................

Very nice heifer. Showy gal. Heat Wave x Meyer/Angus is a prettty cool mix.

I agree. You dont even have to drop her off, I'll be a good neighbor and pick her up. lol

Thats an awesome looking calf. Great lines, AWESOME hair, super long, good depth, and some serious bone. Looks like a pretty sweet front too. Best of luck with her!!! I bet she'll be a great cow. I could see Who or Ali bein an awesome cross on her.

JAG

She looks really good, I really like her overall length and neck extension! I'll agree with HF on breeding to Ali, I also think that the breeding on the bottom side might suggest some maternal ability!

May Cattle Co

OH Breeder, haha that is a good one. I plan breeding her first time out to Rocky Balboa and then go from there. Thanks for the comments, I am pretty excited about her. I bought her and a couple others from my boss and have been very pleased.

harry

Rocky is a long way from a heifer bull in our experience. We have a really nice Bull calf out of a heifer(with no Heatwave in her pedigree) and Rocky but it came out the side.

Sly

i would breed her to an angus or a lowline just saying. Calved out 4 hw heifers with minor problems this spring. Anything crossed up doesnt work

cowzrus

Not trying to put in your business about what you breed to, but we just had a heatwave heifer try and drop a balboa calf (unfortunately the calf didn't come with two feet forward and we were late catching it), but she did have a 99 lb dead heifer calf.  By no means small, but it was shaped right thank god.  The vet who came out said she had plenty of room to pop her out herself if the legs had been properly positioned, unfortunately the calf didn't make it due to the lateness of getting to it (and we couldn't get her pushed back in to pull a leg up), but fortunately my cow did make it and the calf was pulled in the position of one foot forward and one back with a calf jack.  The cow never went down during the pull and she was tied to a panel with the halter,  and aside from some little more than average tearing, she was fine, but again it was a 99 pound calf for a first time heifer, not my idea of a low birth weight.  My only good thing was at least I know my girl can handle 99 lbs as long as the calf is shaped right. She walked a lil stiff for a couple days but all is well now.  I don't think Rocky is a good choice for a heatwave 1st time calf and I definitely will not do it again.  Just sharing my experience.